Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Question about getting a book from the Library of Congress?

I was just looking at the Library of Congress online catalog real briefly, and they HAVE EVERY BOOK IMAGINABLE! My question is, can people check those books out? Or do they have like e-books of each one that people can download? Or can they make a printed copy of what ever book you want? I live in AZ, so obviously, going to the LOC is NOT an option....I just was wondering HOW you can get a book (or two, or five dozen) from there?

Favorite Answer

The Library of Congress does make part of its collection available through interlibrary loan. You can make requests through your local library. (While you're there, check out your library's collection. Chances are they have some things the Library of Congress doesn't have. Most libraries do.)

As for electronic or copied versions, the Library of Congress has to follow the same copyright laws as everyone else, so I wouldn't hold my breath for anything published since early last century. On the other hand, there is a lot of digital content on the Library's website, and they plan to step up their digitization programs, so keep watching the website.

They are so self righteous, those Radical Republicans. Telling anyone who didn't join them was a work of the devil. I think Bush is the anti christ. He has been said to be, "we finally have god in the white house." Do we have God in the White house?? He sends 3000 young men to their death to protect his oil interests. Robs from the poor and gives to the rich. Not one abortion stopped because we had a Republican President and Republican congress. They only want to know about programs for pedofiles so they won't get caught in the sting operation. The worst part is the Rich Religious Organizations support them. While they lie, steal and murder. That is a christian. Those Iraq people don't want them over there and liberateing them. Everyday hundreds die. Leave those people alone. They knew for years he was a pedofile. They lied to protect him. Why didn't they do anything about it? If Clinton did that they would hang him to the nearest rafter.