Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Obama supporters have you ever taken a true objective look at your candidate?

Or are you just voting for him since it "feels" right or seems like the right thing to do ?

• TLB
    Favorite Answer

This is a copy and paste from someone that posted above. HINT (its a cat)

It is proof that even they cannot stand on firm ground nor stand up for what they once thought was right...enjoy

Obama has lost this Democrat's vote

Myself, my husband, and over a dozen family members and friends, have all come to the conclusion that we can no longer vote for Obama if he gets the nomination, and fully half of them used to be Obama supporters. We will be crossing over and voting for John McCain.

Obama has proven his judgment to be extremely faulty and can no longer be trusted as far as we are concerned.

1) He should have given the same wonderful speech about race to Rev. Wright 20 years ago that he just gave to us a week ago.

2) He sat in that pew, with his two small children no less, listening to poisonous race baiting and anti-American sentiment without once objecting or getting up and leaving that church. Inexcusable.

3) It's become clear now why Michelle Obama is finally proud of her country, and it's a disgusting reason that also makes clear how she really feels about her country.

4) He also has shown very bad judgment in his association with Tony Rezko. A complete crook who served on his Senate Campaign Finance Committee, but he doesn't know him well and had no idea that the guy was a crook. Right. Anyone who knows anything about Chicago politics finds this beyond laughable.

5) He has set himself up as a hands clean candidate who is so above it all, when the truth is he's just a politician who lies just like any other, but has the advantage of being able to give a great speech. Sorry, that doesn't make him Presidential material, and it makes him extremely deceptive for pretending he's some sort of saint.

6) His own lies, like when he lied about not sending a campaign surrogate to talk to the Canadian Embassy, get ignored by the media while Hillary Clinton's lies get blown up to the size of King Kong. So many of us are done with the media kissing this guy's behind and are stacking up our own knowledge about his activities without their help.

7) No, none of us want to remain in Iraq forever. But a great many of us will vote for McCain because we no longer trust Obama's judgment at all. We feel we can wait four years for a better Democratic candidate.

Obama has been well vetted over the past 20 months yet what I've seen from the McCain camp has really made me want to cry are people really this mean I am an african american i support Obama yet I've always liked McCain, in my heart of hearts I don't think McCain likes the type of smear attacks against Obama the type of attacks started by Palin I understand why he doesn't want to look at Obama both of these men work together in the senate if I'm lying and smearing my co-worker i wouldn't want to face him either but it's gotten out of control beginning with palin and others behind the scene Palin's is like someone leading her grandfarther around and he has no choice in years to come we'll probably all find out how much McCain was being lead against his wishes he's in to deep now and can't turn back now McCain and I have something in common we're both cancer suviors this disease changes a person to the degree that you're mindful of how you treat others I feel sorry for McCain he's not doing this own his own If he hadn't picked Palin he'd fight a fair fight months ago he said he didn't want negative ads he meant it but his campain is no longer in his control

Please note: Obama co-wrote or co-sponsored bills. what ones has he introduced. Presidents do this. It is lonely at the top. He has to say yes(pass) or(veto) but there is no take a pass on anything. If a act of war is declared on us as in 1942, will he take a pass or hang a white flag. If he criticizes Washingtons way of doing things, how is he bringing it together.. He sounds more like a troublemaker than a peacemaker when it comes to business. If he saw things wrong with the idea of going to Iraq, why did he not point out the errors during discussion in the senate and then vote on them. Answer these and there are more. What kind of change will he bring or will we be a new world order?.

Yes, I have. I've read conservative blogs and watched the videos they've linked to where Obama supposedly says some terrible thing. I've researched claims that he's going to raise everyone's taxes and he won't salute the flag and he's a secret Muslim (as if being a member of that religion automatically makes you a crazed suicide bomber). Everything I've heard about how terrible he is has turned out to be a complete lie or at the least incredibly exaggerated.

On the other hand, his policies make sense. He hopes, for example, to exempt seniors making less than 40,000$ a year from paying any income tax. That just makes sense. If they can't afford their medicines and good food they get sick and we spend millions caring for them. Take a good hard look at him for yourself, without swallowing any FOX news garbage or McCain talking points and you might decide to vote Obama/Biden too.

• matt

Hmmm... Let's see... Here's a few items...

What if John McCain were a former president of the Harvard Law Review like Barack?

What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his graduating class like John?

What if McCain were still married to the first woman he said 'I do' to?

What if Obama were the candidate who left his first wife after she no longer measured up to his standards for a trophy wife?

What if Obama were a member of the Keating-5?

What if McCain were a charismatic, eloquent speaker?

Educational Background:

Obama:

Columbia University - B.A. Political Science with a Specialization in

International Relations.

Harvard - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna *** Laude

Biden:

University of Delaware - B.A. in History and B.A. in Political Science.

Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor (J.D.)

vs.

McCain:

United States Naval Academy - Class rank: 894 of 899 (Not to mention that the only reason he got in was because of his family connections!)

Palin:

Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester

North Idaho College - 2 semesters - general study

University of Idaho - 2 semesters - journalism

Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester

University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in Journalism

PS: What if Barack Obama had an unwed, pregnant teenage daughter....

pps: check the US Census website for the ten best educated states and the ten least educated states, then check which of them are solid Obama and which are solid McCain. That pretty much explains the election.

I've taken a real good look, trust me. I was a Hillary supporter who worked like a dog on her campaign. I wasn't happy about his level of experience but he has since proven to me that it's not sufficient to even say he's a quick learner. I remember in the primary debates that he and Clinton, when asked about foreign relations, were miles apart. She knew an amazing amount, in great detail, about our foreign affairs and he seemed to cruise through compared to her. But now? He has schooled himself enough to hold his own with McCain on this subject. It gave me a whole different attitude toward Obama. In the debate on foreign issues he was way more astute and together about what is going on and what we need to do than McCain.

In any case, I'm sure not voting for that malicious old man who has been part of the problem, being in Washington for the last 26 years. What has he ever done in Washington that has made a good impact or helped our country significantly. He talks about change, but he's full of it. He sure didn't change Washington in 26 years; what makes us think he'll do it now? He's McBush.

Hey Flip Ant.

As you already know that I am neither an Obama supporter, nor a bad liberal! I'm not even a good liberal either.

This is what the liberal, especially the Obama supporters says to me;

-Blah blah blah! No more George Bush!

-Blah blah blah! Obama walks on water!

-Blah blah blah! No more war in Iraq!

-Blah blah blah! Blame George Bush, and Ronald Reagan for the economy and NOT "Slick Willy" & Hillary Clinton and Jimmy Carter!

-Blah blah blah! Cannonize Obama now as our patron saint!

-Blah blah blah! Blame all of the Republicans and not the Majority of the house which is Democrats for the economy!

-Blah blah blah! Git the info from Move on dot org. (I did not want to link it up) Git 411 from NBC, and ABC! Moore CRAP from Micheal Moore(on)'s website!

-Blah blah blah! Hollywood is voting Obama! If they do, then weeeee (like sheeple) should follow Hollywood's "good" example!

-Blah blah blha! According to (the nonentity in the empty suit) Tom Brokaw, Obama can make water into wine!

-Blah blah blah! Obama will fix the economy!

Now let us get right down to the brass tax of things shall we?! Let's shall!

Let us see them answer these questions;

(1) How will Obama fix the mess known as the economy? How will he, and the very same people that put us into this mess (i.e. Democrats &

some of whom I think should be indicted for their dealings with AIG) without taxing the middle class?

(2) What is Obama going to do about protecting our borders! All of the terrorist that were involved with what happenned in 9-11 came up through Mexico! And Mexico did nothing on their behalf! And neither did "Slick Willy" Clinton when our attack planes had Osama Bin Laden right in their sights, and he ordered them not to kill him!

(3) Restoring our Constitution! Where does Obama stand on the Constitution itself!

I DARE some of the Obama supporters to read the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution of The United States of America, and The Bill of Rights! Maybe that will wake them up!

Update;

It is NOT what I am voting for in this election! NO! It is what I am voting against! AND RACE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT AT ALL! The free lunch ends with voters like me!

Although McCain is a liberal, he is the lesser of the two evils! But, I hate to disappoint you, but I have been thinking about the third party vote! An evil is still an evil! I would vote McCain simply because of Sarah Palin! She is not exactly a liberal!

Source(s): Liberalism is a mental disorder.

I am an Obama supporter because I took a true objective look at my Republican candidate and the only reasonable solution I had was to switch sides. McCain lost me when he picked Sarah Palin as his running mate, and his decision making and proposed solutions since making that pick have been even more terrifying.

IM voting for obama after watching the debates and seeing what both the candidates have to say i agree with obama and biden more than McCain and whats her name. Obama is for the middle class so that's who IM voting for.And if McCain says "My Friends" of if Palin say "Maverick" one more time i going to kill some one.lol

Most of the are highly objective in at least two areas. They object to work and self education,