Did you know Bill Ayers was selected as Chicago's Citizen of the Year in 1997?

Found this factoid fascinating...

Ayers worked with Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley in shaping the city's school reform program, and was one of three co-authors of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge grant proposal that in 1995 won $49.2 million over five years for public school reform. In 1997 Chicago awarded him its Citizen of the Year award for his work on the project.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes I did.

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

by using your way of thinking a mass murderer could be worshiped additionally. purely because of the fact some rag magazine or different association supplies out an award would not recommend he's clean and reformed. And any that have them as mentors and friends are the two as responsible as they're. what share ex convicts do you already know that have been fairly reformed by using reformatory. i understand many that have been launched and maximum of them got here out with a greater appropriate education in the thank you to not get caught and are deeper into crime than while they went in. a guy or woman can substitute his strategies yet not his real ideals. A leopard won't be able to alter his spots and as quickly as a terrorist, continuously a terrorist.

• 1 decade ago

Wow- leave it to Chicago

Maybe the freak really has turned over a new leaf but it's a little hard for me to feel anything but contempt for a man that plotted to commit an act that would harm innocents.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, I did. I've read a lot about Ayers. It's also noted that the money he received for his project hasn't improved anything. Much of that money stemming as a direct result of his ties to Obama, of course.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Considering the condition of Chicago, Ahmadinejad or Hugo Chavez could have won that title if he lived there.

I am from Illinois, and I know!

• jz
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

wasn't mayor daley one of the most corrupt political machines in chicago's history???

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Never liked Chicago...

Didn't Al Capone come from there ?

Figures.

• daddio
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

school year 2007-2008 cps graduated almost 50% of it's hs seniors.

seems like they did a bang-up job.

• 1 decade ago

This is a fact what you post and the ayers thing is a non-issue

• 1 decade ago

Did you know Timothy McVeigh was convicted and put to death?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.