Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

If R & S were to have a 'Novel Night' - what book would you bring for us?

(((Old Man)))

I'd bring the 'Calvin and Hobbes Anthology" - literature transmogrified.

Favorite Answer

Le Petite Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupéry

:)

properly, i did not favor to study the books, no longer even watch the movie! then I bumped right into a buddy (she's 32/33) and he or she change into completely connected with the entire saga! So I stated 'ok, i am going to provide it a chance', and watched the movie. even as i began observing it for the third time, i realized i change into hooked too. Then I study the 4 books very without delay (a week or so). I were given thoroughly into the sequence, i wager because of the tale and seeing that on the time i change into suffering for my ex and the guy in the e book (Edward) change into so proper...besides, I loved the books - properly or extraordinarily written, would not be counted, the tale catches your interest in the present day - and similar to somebody else stated, they presented me to the 'delusion/vampire' international. Now, after that, I study 'Evernight' and now i'm interpreting 'Stargazer' from Claudia gray. I intend to study lots of different vampire books, i recognize the plots, and the pastime they convey...you ultimately end up liking vampires, you recognize? And with the exception of all that, I even could say, for me, books and videos could take me to different worlds, different realities...they could make me ignore about my personal truth for a lengthy time period...it really is how I verify wether a movie/e book is nice or no longer...and the Twilight sequence, and the Evernight sequence (so a strategies) have done that. in spite of the truth that if the major characters are children (i'm in my 30s) :)

Probably, with the idea of being entertaining I'd bring a book of Charles Bukowski poems.

That or "That Old Ace in the Hole" by Annie Proulx

Gibson's Neuromancer.

For those that have read it, Morgan's Altered Carbon.

I think the rest of the stuff I like would go wooooshing...

Edit: Although I like the idea of Flowers for Algernon, Brave New World and my must-read additions to that: 1984 and Lewis' It can't happen here...

Jean M. Auel

Earth Children Series..

• Calvin and Hobbs are classics! We have them all! :D

I would bring Redeeming Love by Anne Rice, I believe.

When you call it "Novel Night," I assume you mean fiction rather than non-fiction. My best choices are all non-fiction. I suppose I'd bring "Jude the Obscure" by Thomas Hardy. It's a story of how religion (in this case Christianity) can screw up people's lives.

• The History and Power of the Mind

Richard Ingalese

I would recommend Stephen Baxter's novel Evolution, a fantastic look at life on Earth over more than a billion years.

That would be Stephen King's The Stand, It's the fourth time for me, I think - the first time was almost 30 years ago. Too heavy, maybe?