Chi Guy asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Could companies make payroll easier if they did not give their execs $30 Billion a year in bonuses?

...on top of their hundreds of millions in salary?

I find it amazing to see companies such as GM cry uncle while their CEO owns cars worth 5 times the value of my home, a piece.

Yet all that I hear is "Obama was on some board with a crackpot" along with 15 other people.

• truth
    Favorite Answer

I just don't understand. They run the company in the ground and get awarded bonuses instead of getting fired.

Hi Chi.

People that make the big bucks expect and receive big perks. I get that. And I certainly don't begrudge the right of anyone to become successful, rich and secure. But the amounts of money that we are talking about (that you have previously discussed) are embarrassing, disgusting amounts of money. Just what they earn in interest on their 'bonuses' could probably feed a small country. I mean AIG just spent $400,000+ on a party for Pete's sake! But WE had to pay for it? And WE had to bail THEM out? It's really hard to fathom.

Source(s): Obama '08

Of course.

• ?

obama is a racist.