Kim M asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

how much developer to mix with hair dye?

i bought bright red hair dye from sally's, i also bought the big bottle of 30 vol developer, but there is no instructions, so i need to know how much developer to mix with a 1.2 oz bottle of hair dye

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

like candy said, it should say 1:1 or 1:2 o the box or bottle. if its 1:1 you need to mix 1 oz of developer with it. if 1:2 you will need to mix 2 oz with it. what color is your hair now? is it your natural color? this is important, because you could have gotten the wrong developer, if you are only depositing color you only need a 10 volume, and if your hair is dyed dark you will need to strip the hair first, with a 40 volume or a 30 volume as bleaching should not be used to lift that many levels. if its your natural color, it would be fine to use a 30 volume if you are lifting to go lighter.

Source(s): i work at sallys and go to cosmetology school.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

some where on the bottle of color it should say 1:1 or 1:2 or something similar. That would be the ratio. one part color to 2 parts developer. It honestley depends on the brand you are using. But if you call sallys and ask them the mixing ratio they will be able to tell you.

• hatti
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

How To Mix Hair Color

• 5 years ago

I almost use the whole Tube in the formal. But it turning out good right now

So I'm siting in the chair waiting for it to work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Hope this helps!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.