Best dog food for my golden retriever?

Hi, well my Golden is about a year and a half, and I've been feeding her Bil-Jac formula. However tonight I just read that (contrary to what my vet said) it's actually a terrible choice for her food, so I'm going to begin switching her food tomorrow (gradually). The more I researched different sites/forums, the... show more Hi, well my Golden is about a year and a half, and I've been feeding her Bil-Jac formula. However tonight I just read that (contrary to what my vet said) it's actually a terrible choice for her food, so I'm going to begin switching her food tomorrow (gradually). The more I researched different sites/forums, the worse I felt for feeding my dog such crap... I was curious though what recommendations you have for that particular breed? Sounds like "Orijen" is of very high quality, but I kept reading posts about how it's really high in protein, and can cause problems for large breeds? Any truth to that? Or are they just talking about large-breed "puppies"? Money isn't too much of an issue, but if you wouldn't recommend Orijen, then what are some good brand names you'd recommend for Golden Retrievers? Thanks for any help you could give me
18 answers 18