i have no sound drivers installed in my newly configured pc.how to download it with the minimum requirements?

Operating System System Model

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor a Main Circuit Board b

2.67 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4

16 kilobyte primary memory cache

1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Intel Corporation D101GGC AAD35788-304

Serial Number: BTGC54711275

Bus Clock: 133 megahertz

BIOS: Award BIOS for Intel GC11010N.86A.0303.2005.1108.2057 11/08/2005

Drives Memory Modules c,d

80.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

75.48 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

TSSTcorp CDW/DVD SH-M522C [CD-ROM drive]

3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

ST380817AS [Hard drive] (80.02 GB) -- drive 0

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Here is your motherboard specification: http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/D101GGC/...

Audio device is: High Definition Audio subsystem using the Realtek* ALC861 audio codec

Have driver simewher on the site, but better look at: http://driverguide.com/ (free registration is needed)

• 1 decade ago

Make sure your Sound Driver isn't disabled; it may have inadvertently disabled itself during shutdown:

Go to Device Manager (Start> RightClick My Computer> Properties> Hardware Tab> Device Manager) and right click on your sound driver and choose enable. If not, try updating the driver, which will effectively restore it to factory settings if there's an update available.

If you don't know the name of you Sound Driver, so to Start> Run> dxdiag. Now go to the Sound Tab and any sound hardware installed is listed.

If that still doesn't work, the driver may have been uninstalled. If so, go to your computer's manufacturer's website and go to the "Support" section. There should be a link for drivers. You will need to know your computer's model, but once you enter that it will give you an option to download any missing drivers. Just find the Sound Driver and install it.

Hope that helps =]

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.