Returning to work and help with the cost of childcare?

Hi, I am thinking of returning to work, but since being made redundant days before I found out I was pregnant last February, I haven't got a job to return to. I realise I will have to put my daughter into nursery, but I am worried this will be expensive, the cheapest I've found is £29 per day, thus meaning I'd have... show more Hi, I am thinking of returning to work, but since being made redundant days before I found out I was pregnant last February, I haven't got a job to return to. I realise I will have to put my daughter into nursery, but I am worried this will be expensive, the cheapest I've found is £29 per day, thus meaning I'd have to work 6hrs per day just to break even. My partner works full time, as do the grandparents meaning I haven't got anyone who would look after my daughter for cheap, or even free.
My question is this, I have heard that Child Tax Credit cover so much of your child care costs, but how many hours do you have to be working anyways to be entitled to this? I have another daughter whose at school full time as well, so really I'm limited to the hours I can work during the day.
Any help would be really appreciated as I really haven't got a clue about any of this!!

Thanks in advance.