CDRun87 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What are some ways to build muscle without using weights?

I hate the weight room. I just find it incredibly boring. I would like to build muscle (particularly in my biceps, triceps, and pectorals) without having to go to the weight room. Detailed suggestions on what to do?

Favorite Answer

Push-ups, Pull-ups, Bridging, Squats, Self Resistance, Animal exercises these all build muscle without weights. You can create a variety of workouts that never get boring and you can switch them up anytime you want so you never do the same workout 2 times in a row. I research and help people with this and found many places that not only build muscle but create internal power and how to use a focused mind and a powerful way to be in control of your own system of exercise. I'm going to give you some sites to look at that have courses that requires no weights, machines or apperatus. I'm in the same boat with you man I ge bored after lifting weights too.

Source(s): www.mattfurey.com www.transformetrics.com www.eddiebaran.com www.flexerciseworkout.com www.lostartofhandbalancing.com www.shaolinsecrets.com

1

Source(s): Build Mega Muscle Faster : http://BuildMuscle.oruty.com/?BFev

Hi CD,

I can sympathize with you about being bored in the weight room. Unfortunately, it's really hard to pack on a lot of muscle without using weights.

You see, you build up muscle by progressively overloading the muscle. You know, starting out with say 20 lbs. for dumbbell curls and when that gets easy move up to 25 lbs.

That increase in resistance is crucial to continuing to build muscle.

If you hate the weight room why not try exercising with weight in a different environment? If at all possible, move the weights outside and build those muscles in the fresh air.

Just some ideas. Hope it helped.

way to build muscle without weights was a favorite exercise of another military instructor of mine. While this guy didn't look like Rambo, he was perhaps even scarier, because he actually seemed to enjoy pain. Strange but true. However, he was very adept at building muscle without weights as he was a well built guy, although I'd never seen him in a gym.

His exercise requires a beach and you can perform it all by yourself. In fact, you don't even need a beach. A reasonably large sandy area (like a beach volleyball court) will do just fine. What you need to do is find your sandy area and sprint over it. And once you have done this, sprint over it again. And again. Actually, do this until your sprint looks more like an old man trying to cross the road with his walking cane.

There are two great ways to develop muscle without the weight room. You can do the body weight things such as push ups, pull ups, crunches, squats, etc.

I am guessing since those items are weight room activities, you are looking for something else.

I am a lifelong weight-room guy who started swimming a few years ago. I knew about the carido benefits, but I got a huge burn in just about every muscle in my body and some I didn't know I had.

oh wow you've never taken martial arts. you barely use ANYTHING but yourself and the gym floor and i'm in extremely good shape. just try it, my friend went in all cocky thinking it would be easy and he had to quit because he couldnt do it. pushups, crunches, burpees, punches, kicks, all in a circuit for half an hour, and the rest sparring, great workout:D

and wow chris, i cant believe im saying this, but you dont know what your talking about when it comes to this...

Have you ever tried out Muscle Gaining Secrets system. Go on this site : http://Access.MuscleGainWay.com . This might certainly save anybody!

i'm uncertain why you have this in the fairway residing section, yet i will aim providing you with a possible answer. If I have been you, i'd attempt plyometrics, pilates coaching, or possibly circuit coaching. that would properly be your superb guess.

Running, and then push ups and crunches and bicycle AND CLEANING UR HOUSE!!! u get to pick up a lot of stuff. :D

Playing catch, swiming! soccer

youll get nowhere

if you dont lift weights