NO RUMOR. Fact. Do some due diligence (study, research from MULTIPLE sources) and you will find the truth.
As of 8 October 2008:
* Yesterday, Nevada officials raided ACORN's Las Vegas office after election authorities accused the group of submitting multiple voter registrations with fake and duplicate names. Among the bogus monikers: names of former Dallas Cowboys players.
* Lake County, Ind., election officials this month rejected thousands of registration forms ACORN had turned in from its drives this summer. On a conference call yesterday, GOP officials noted that up to 11,000 of the applications were no good - tying up election officials and jeopardizing the voting rights of untold victims whose identities may have been stolen.
In what seems to be ACORN's standard operating procedure, vote canvassers had pulled names and addresses from phone books and forged signatures. According to a local paper (the Northwest Indiana and Illionois Times), "Large numbers of voter registration forms bore signatures all in the same apparent handwriting style" and "apparently the organization's canvassers broke rules to meet ACORN-set voter registration quotas to get paid." The fake registrants include dead people and underage kids.
* Milwaukee, Wisc., officials last month discovered at least seven felons employed as voter-registration workers for ACORN and another affiliated group. (State law bans felons from such work.) They also uncovered a raft of problematic voter-registration cards. The state GOP accuses the group of trying to get dead, imprisoned or imaginary people on the voter rolls. Fraud has plagued ACORN's Milwaukee chapter since the last election cycle.
* In Florida, in Orange County alone, ACORN workers turned in multiple, copycat forms for six separate voters over the summer. The Miami Herald reports: "One individual had 21 duplicate applications."
Election officials had flagged ACORN's negligent practices months ago. But it may be too late: In Orange, Broward and Miami-Dade counties, ACORN has signed up 135,000 new voters, nearly 60 percent of them registered as Democrats - a fifth of all new voters in that region.
* In Ohio, large numbers of homeless people got free van and bus rides to register. Shelby Holliday, a reporter for Palestra.net, filmed ACORN shuttling in some prospects. She told me she spoke with one homeless woman who said ACORN "told her who to vote for if she wanted a 'better life,' and told her not to worry about jury duty (one of the reasons this homeless woman didn't want to register) because the government probably wouldn't be able to track her down. She was registering with a temporary address."
Other truths you can research and DISCOVER:
Where there is smoke, there is fire. Make no doubt, there are bigots perpetuating exaggerations about the man - and he has supporters that, in total disregard to truth, will follow him. Raising questions is good, that means you are researching and discovering aspects which are not been fully vetted by the mainstream media. Respectfully questioning authority is always acceptable.
A truly thorough research into his background will bring up questions.
Experience. None. Chicago Politics. George W Bush had 2 terms as Texas Governor... Not a supporter of him, but he had more experience than Obama and you see the mistakes he caused. What will a professional politician with no experience do? He will trust his advisors... Like Bush trusted Cheney... and you see how well that worked.
Is he a Muslim? Probably not - yet in both of his books he writes that he attended a Catholic school and a questionably "Muslim" public school where he studied the Koran. The influence of the Catholic school was there and also aspects of Muslim ideology were there as well.
Why would he attend a church for 20 years where volitile points of view are accepted and studied rigorously? Does that mean he is racist? Like everyone, I am certain he feels more comfortable with certain views. What would the media do if John McCain attended an all-white church with volitile European centric minded points of view? If he is a Christian, would Jesus attend that church?
Friends, everyone has at least one friend. If only your pet dog, Rover. But in Chicago, your political friends and associates can make or break you... So, what is with William Ayers, Tony Rezko, Bernadette Dohrn, Nadhami Auchi, and many others? Now, look at your friends. Your friends are somewhat of a reflection of who you are. Doves generally associate with doves, lambs generally keep with lambs, and yes liberals generally associate with other liberals...
Your wife. Another reflection of who you are. Google "Michelle Obama Princeton Thesis" and you will find another reason why he takes heat. Her points of view are definitely ones to promote one race, hers, to the exclusion of others... it's in her paper. Should a First Lady have such a point of view. Yes, she was younger
Google, Washington Post, The Case Against Barack Obama, CNN