Eli Manning Better Than Peyton Manning?

I caught something on ESPN earlier stating that Eli Manning has eclipsed his big brother and is the better quarterback of the two. Didn't read the piece, but was wondering what you football fans think. Thanks!

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, Eli is better than Peyton Manning and here are some simple reasons why.

1) He has played against much tougher opponents than Peyton during his time in the NFL. The NFC East has been the powerhouse conference over the past 3 years and Eli has only gotten better. Peyton has played against two EXPANSION TEAMS (Jaguars 1995, Texans 2002) and a Titans team who until last year we not that good and now that the Titans, Texans and Jaguars are starting to become more competitive, Peyton's numbers have started to slide (hint, hint)

2) Just compare both of there super bowl appearances. Eli got there in his 4th season. Just 3 years ago, ESPN analyst were wondering if Peyton ever could beat the Patriots and win the "big one". Eli played with a much less talented New York Giants team and played 3 straight road games against Tampa Bay, a strong Dallas team, and Green Bay on Lambeau Field with Brett Farve opposing him. Peyton on the other hand played Kansas City, Baltimore, and just squeaked past New England 38-34, and by the way, all those games were in the comfortable RCA Dome. Then the Colts finally got there and who did they face, the Chicago Bears ...... nothing else needs to be said.

3) While Peyton has had a free ride from the press in nice, media siberia Indianapolis, Eli has had to endure people wanting him traded, released, and everything else you can think of. Eli has had the New York Media hounding him ever since people found out that he was actually Peyton's little bro and now that the little bro has surpassed the big bro its not fun anymore and the media still holds Eli down when compared to Peyton.

So finally, don't get me wrong, Peyton Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play on an NFL field and a future hall of famer. He probably will break of the records before he is done. Just dont be surprised if he records only stand for a few years because his younger bro has broken them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well right now, definitely. The Giants are like 4-0 and the Colts are 2-2? Eli Manning is coming off of a Super Bowl victory; Peyton Manning is coming off of a disappointing divisional round loss to the Chargers, along with some type of knee surgery. ESPN nailed it for 2008. We'll just see what happens.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not quite, the gap has narrowed greatly between say the beginning of last season and now, however, Peyton is still sort of fighting an injury, and he has not been playing badly for a long enough time for me to say that Eli (who is having a very good season) is the better QB. However, if after the season Eli puts up better numbers and more wins, I might change my mind.

• 1 decade ago

Nice logo, Go Gators

Ya Eli better than Peyton this season

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Peyton Mannign is having an off year and come to think of it so is Eli Manning!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Right now I would take Eli over Peyton. Until Peyton can rebound I'd hav 2 take Eli right now.

• 1 decade ago

He's definitely playing better this year. We'll have to see how the whole season plays out before making a judgment on this. Peyton could just be in a slump right now.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

not even close Eli is a mediocre QB and gets most of those wins on the back of the defense which is again this season really good.first eh had tiki to pull his but out of the fire now its the defense helping him look good.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well this season eli is better because he has a solid defense to help him out and elis team is just better thatn peytons...peytons team is injury ridden..

career wise eli doesnt compare to peyton...but this season eli is better

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.