Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 decade ago

Human Population Growth?

How can we decrease the population to save resources???? science paper to write.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, population growth rates are dictated directly by a) birth rates and b) death rates. The difference determines growth rate. Without discussing the obvious ethical issues....

You can control birth rates by:

contraception

abstinence

termination of pregnancies

You can control death rates by:

killing the elderly

denying medical care to the sick

not feeding everyone

Or you can do nothing and let the population reach its carry capacity (limits) and just let everyone starve and bask in our own wastes.

When will that be? Well according to Malthus, it should have been over 50 years ago. We're extending our carrying capacity with technology, but how long will it last?

Can't really win can we?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

in theory... I'm not just saying this because I feel it is right, but just because my english teacher gave us a "what if?" question. Also I'm not sure if this is a hypothetical solution or an actual solution you are asking for..

but if it were hypothetical:

once anybody reaches a certain age, you would be killed.

though if it were a realistic question.. I don't think it is plausible because decreases in population mostly occur naturally such as the plague.. or some kind of disease; besides us killing each other

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Doesn't really work that way. The ultimate resource is the human mind itself - innovation.

The market rewards and invests in those who find ways to do more with less.

This is why human living conditions are far better than they ever have been, even though the human population is greater than it ever has been.

• 1 decade ago

Watch this video, At 4:20 Prof. here will tell you exactly what can be done to lower the population (all solutions are 'bad'). This pretty much sums up the whole population issue in a min.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb3JI8F9LQQ

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): That video is from a lecture a college professor gave is not sensationalist propaganda.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Laila
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Slow down reproduction first of all = ) maybe by

*make contraceptive use larger

*offer cheaper 'fixing' surgeries

*invent newer types of contr. for men and women

• 1 decade ago

Weel not through war, for some reason that seems to use alot of resources..... freakin gas.... piss me off......

• 1 decade ago

Nuclear power.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.