Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

What are some interesting Supreme Court cases?

And they don't have to be landmark or popular ones everyone knows. In fact, I'd rather them not be. Just... a court case with enough information to write a paper on and interesting enough to keep me awake. Thanks!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Don't go with Marbury v. Madison. The older the cases are, the harder the langugage is to read (plus, it was such a major landmark case, essentially establishing the Supreme Court's ability to review acts of Congress, that almost certainly someone else will work on it. Plus, the material will be like wading through the ocean). Here's a suggestion:

Korematsu v. US (1944) - The Court basically stated that it was legal to hold Japanese immigrants indefinitely in concentration camps because they posed a threat during WWII. The case took place in California, and since slavery, it's probably been one of the worst cases for civil rights in US history.

And if you don't like that, just check out the Landmark Supreme Court Case website. It'll help you find something you might be more interested in.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Dragon
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Probably one of the most interesting and famous of all cases is Marbury v. Madison.

This will be an interesting case for you to write on because there is a ton of information out there about it and the topic is really superb. The case essentially created modern judicial review that we know today.

See my links below to get started. And good luck!

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.