Does depression medication show up on a drug test?

I had a drug test today and they didn't have me feel out a form asking if I take any prescription medication. I take prescribed anti- depressants and I was wondering if it will make my drug test come back positive? I've been offered a job at Best Buy and don't want to ruin it!

Favorite Answer

Almost never. Generally they look for street drugs, NOT drugs for depression and anxiety. According to Human Resources, they can't legally look for anything related to a mental illness or physical one if it does not interfere with the job. I hope this helps.

It depends how in-depth the drug test is. Normally what they look for are certain drugs in the system such as cocaine, marijuana, lsd, opiates, methylamphetamines, etc. If there is a problem with your drug test, they will more than likely ask you if you are taking any medications... but normally, these drug tests are able to identify the differences between illegal drugs and prescribed anti-depressants.

Hope this helped!!!

They will show up if that's what they are looking for.

Yes.But why in first place you have dependent of them?