Me
Lv 7

R&P: How would music fare if the world suffered a deadly pandemic?

For instance, a zombie outbreak. ;)

Let's say the population was greatly reduced (although we of course wouldn't have any way of knowing by how much for a long, long time). After the remaining survivors built up a new life for themselves, how do you think music would have changed? Do you think teen pop and rap would still be mainstream (here)? Do you think there would be more music that was extremely emotional (considering what the people would have gone through)?

Feel free to let your thoughts wander.

MQ: End-of-the-world, apocalyptic songs?

Update:

That's the best you guys can come up with? :(

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Zombies, eh? :-D

Well, After the survivors are settled down in their new life, One of them would come across "A Pile of Old C.Ds" It was full of: AC/DC, Savatage, Iron Maiden, Pearl Jam, Alice in chains, The Ramones, The Offspring, Tool, Isis, Pink Floyd, the Beatles, Black sabbath, Scorpions, Led Zep, Judas priest, In Flames, Dark tranquillity, Opeth, Cradle of filth and Nightwish ;-)

All the Other good stuff in other genres also!

(You Know that these Zombies were: MCR, JoBros, Miley Cyrus, Tokio hotel and Disney Music fans, They collected all the good stuff and hid it)

So, they start listening to the music, they like it alot!

They try really hard to find music instruments, they eventually find some, as some of them remember how to play it, they teach each other, they try to keep the music alive and well, save it from extinction!

They start to write songs, and since they are full of hope for the worst is over, they write inspiring songs for other ppl to listen to and forget their beloved ones who died and carry out their lives normally!

Music will enter a new era, even better than the 60's and 70's!!

Now I wish that was true(but i don't want to die though XD)!

The Theme song of this Q. Should be:

Doomed by the Living Dead- Mercyful fate

MA: Dead Eternity- In Flames

• Borne
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

If the population was massively reduced, the human race survivors would be focused on these things first:

1. Gather Up The Survivors

2. Create Shelter

3. Get a food source and water

4. Start to rebuild life

-I mean by that...the humans that survived the epidemic would be left tormented. They would be ravaged. Music wouldn't even cross their mind. If music did cross their mind, they would most likely listen to happy music like the beach boys, or something. They would be focused on preserving the human races culture to keep information about life before the epidemic. Music would not be taken into deep consideration until long after the ordeal and after life was rebuilt a LOT

5. What went wrong. be it nuclear war or a disease the survivors need to figure out a solution to the problem in case it crops up again

999. Music. People would then rediscover music, and a lot of other culture. Who knows what they would like after what theyve been through?

Only thing I can think of is that EMO music would be GONE along with crappy pop. People would value life more if they learned about a mass apocalyptic event in their history classes if that makes sense so they would listen to better music, not hollow meaningless Radio music.

Source(s): Prelude to the Apocalypse - Decrepit Birth I took this WAYYYYY to seriously.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A Return to "Complaint Rock" - I'm sure !!

Remember during one of the Black Plagues --

Children would sing a Nursery Rhyme --

"Ring Around the "Rosey" (The Red-Circled Boil)

"A Pocket Full of "Poesy (Herbs to keep the smell away)

"Ashes... Ashes..." (Burning of The Dead)

"We All Fall Down" (Death and/or Syncope)

....or Maybe Cryptic Song about the Apolcalypse as seen through the eyes of an "innocent."

"People You Were Going To" --

Your father has just left your mother,

gone off to live with his latest lover??;

she sits there, just staring.

So you get back to your own flat

because the atmosphere in there

is so bad you can't bear it.

And the people you were going to America with

just left on the dawn plane

without you?

The people in the downstairs flat

are no longer there now because they left

the gas tap on, they're all dead.

So you've no-one left to talk to,

you just lie there in melancholy,

half-naked on your unmade bed.

And the people you were going to Africa with

just left on the Southern Star

without you?

Yes, the haze that's been forming round your window-panes

is now protracted and poisoned

and you cannot feel a portion of the world outside.

Can you imagine the way you'd feel

if all these things had happened to you

and the doctor says you're dying?

That is the way that I feel now

on finding that your love belongs

to someone else and not I.

My chance of heaven has just blown away

upon a passing cloud and there is nothing that I can do

without you !

The people you were going to

have left, gone far away

and you're lonely...

EDIT --

Hey !!

BTW -- Would it NOT be Difficult to Play Instruments, while One's Fingers are Falling Off ?? :))

• 1 decade ago

Yeah there would definitely be a lot of songs about how that whole massive death thing just really sucked. And I don't think people would be in the mood for upbeat pop music. Or maybe they would as a form of escapism. Hard to say. I guess we could know if anyone had ever bothered to record an album back in Middle Ages Black Death period.

Song: It's The End Of The World As We Know It - REM

EDIT: Oh look, so priest from back then did make an album, (sort of).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geisslerlieder

Apparently people beat the hell out of themselves while singing to appease god. Guess Iggy Pop wasn't that original after all.

Yep, that's the best I can do. The Jonas Brother's would still exist only we would all love them since they would beat themselves on stage.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Unfortunately I don't think many people would be concerned about music they would be more concerned about staying alive finding shelter that kind of thing. To answer your question I think music would suffer a great deal and many artists musicians people would be non existent. For the most part after the shock and the tragedy people will slowly start to realize that music no longer exists. It would not matter the top 40 will survive anything. I definitely believe that most of the music would be sad or bubble gum pop. Somewhere around those lines.

*I think my answer is a little confusing I apologize in advance*

MA: Shadow of The Day-Linkin Park

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I cannot imagine being a deadly Zombie Fighter without some Music to listen too Vicky.

I think any survivors of a post-apocalyptic Earth would probably be singing Rock Songs and playing acoustic Guitars and such, while trying to scratch out a living of course.

• 1 decade ago

It happened for a short time back in 1989 when New Kids on The Block's music brainwashed all the teen girls.

MQ: Systematic- Beginning of The End

Source(s): I survived it!
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Zombies Aye? Well i think the fact that Most real musicians could probably take down zombies and not complain to their managers that they just got their neck bitten im pretty sure Good Musicians would survive because i would make sure no laws? no cops? Jonas Sisters down the street? seems like an Ideal Condition for me

• Well, zombies and robots have already taken over the music industry Vicky. Hence, Disney's artists =D So to answer your question, it would be a lot like it is right this very second.

MA: The closest thing I can think of is The Doors- The End

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i really think music along with almost all other forms of art would cease, as people would have other things to worry about.

ohhhhh, after the disaster?

idk it would probably be primarily focused on their ordeal

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.