How reputable are Taobao buying agents?

Taobao.com is the Chinese version of eBay, and recently I've been interested in purchasing an item from it. However, I don't understand Chinese, and even if I did I couldn't possibly purchase anything from it due to certain limitations (eg., most sellers only take cards through Chinese banks, no shipping outside of China, etc.)

Therefore, I did some searching on the internet and found out that several sites exist as third-party purchasing agents. These Chinese-based "companies" purportedly buy the items of Taobao and ship them to you, requiring that you add a service charge of around 10% to the final payment through more Western-friendly means like PayPal.

Two of the more noteworthy Taobao agents I've come across are:

http://taobaoagent.com/

http://buyfromtaobao.com/

Both sites look like decent options, but before committing to using such websites, I've done some searching to see how reputable these kinds of agents are. So far, all I've seen are press releases on a free press release website and the website owners spamming any thread that mentions them with their sales pitch. I've been unable to find any place that discusses whether these sites actually work.

So my question is: has anyone used such buying agents for Taobao (or, for that matter, any Chinese auction site like EachNet or PaiPai) and are they worth it?

Thanks in advance

Favorite Answer

It looks like a good site. You are right to be wary, tho. Anytime we use a 3rd party, there is increased danger. I am waiting before i use them..

• teresa

Taobao Agent

This is shannon, 3 years experience as a Taobao agent/ sourcing agents for a lot of clients around the world, some clients became to friends gradually. Any help, feel free to contact me!

shanonwang@yahoo.com

I shop frequently from taobao over the past few years, and found most taobao agents to have issues to a certain extent. You need to find someone who speak proper English so that your requests will not be misunderstood. Personally I have used

http:://www.chinabuy.com.au

http://www.taobaonow.com

http://www.taobaoring.com

They're all okay. I would recommend Chinabuy as they don't charge anything, but you need to be in Australia to use their service. Their English is pretty good, and the service is friendly. Taobaonow also speak good English but they're based in China. They have been around for a while so worth taking a look. Taobaoring ordered wrong items for me once but other than that they're prompt, and cheaper than taobaonow.

I don't think you need to look any further than taobao though, paipai or other auction websites are just not as popular and active as taobao.

• Terri

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avZ5t

100% scam. That is a fake website pretending to sell cheap merchandise. Any site that advertises merchandise cheaper than the official manufacture's website is a fake site shipping gosh awful crappy knock-offs or simply collecting cash and not even bothering to ship fakes. The pictures on the site look like the real merchandise because those pictures ARE of the official merchandise. Those pictures were stolen from the official manufacture's website. If you receive anything at all, which is doubtful, it will not resemble those pretty pictures at all. The payment options say it all, Western Union, moneygram, paypal and bank transfer. The credit card icons are just there for show, that site does not accept credit cards, only anonymous cash payments. Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever. Paypal can only get your money back if there is money left in the scammer's paypal-linked bank account. Scammers know this and will immediately withdrawal your money and disappear. No money in the scammer's paypal-linked bank account means absolutely no possibility of refund for you. Your bank can only get your money back if there is money left in the scammer's bank account. Scammers know this and will immediately withdrawal the money you transferred. No money in the account means absolutely no possibility of you getting your hard-earned cash back. In all seriousness, when something goes wrong, what will you do? Send an email that is ignored and blocked? Send chat requests until you are ip banned? Call internationally and speak fluent Chinese? The UPS, TNT and DHL icons are there only to take up space, that site only ships with EMS, the Chinese post office, good luck getting the "tracking number" they give you to work on the EMS website. You will need even more luck trying to contact EMS when your tracking stops and your "package" is lost somewhere. You could then be really lucky, your "package" is discovered, seized by "customs" and all you need to do is pay even more money via Western Union or moneygram to the "custom's official" who uses a free email address just like that site has a free email address as its contact information. Free email addresses are easy to open and close completely anonymously.

There are many agents from whom you could deal taobao but not many of them are real genuine. You may check out this agent, they have multiple payment options, shipping options, self buying and convenient refund policies and very reliable . A friend of mine used this agent to get a phone and the dealing was very convenient.

Hello:

This is Alex from USA. yeah, I usually use one of the taobao agent, www taobaobuying com and they are trustworthy, quick responder and I found even there is midnight they reply through their mobile service. However, during the working time, you will get their written reply within an hour. They do wholesale as well as retail business. They use PayPal, western union and credit card options as well. Their commission fee is 10%, 45%off on EMS, 50% on DHL but most important they do offer some discounts throughout the year to their regular as well as new customers. Well, Whatever, I just feel very secure while placing order to them. I wish them good luck and keep it up www taobaobuying com.

I recommend them to all my country mate as well other foreign friends.

Thanks

Alex

I know one agent www taobaobuying com is the best and reliable agent of taobao. 45% off on EMS shipping and 10% servicing fee with extraordinary service, Quick replies and fast updates of each order until you get your items. I really love their service.

Hey!

If you like to buy cosplay, lolita and other simple shopping stuff. I really recommend you www taobaobuying com. I have been using them since 2010. They send me goods to USA in a week. Their service is very fast and 55% off on EMS, 50% off on DHL and they also introduce other more cheap methods with discounts. They are reliable and honest agent in china for taobao, tmall stores. I ordered retail as well as wholesale from them. Custom made dresses, lolita items, JBD, Cosplay, whatever we need they offer it and provide it in a few days to my store. I really like them and recommend to all my freinds who are store owners in my city. I wihs them best of luck and keep it up Taobaobuying.

Thanks

Beilay

Taobao Marketplace introduced various features and services to create a better user experience for online shoppers and retailers. For instance it launched the Taobao app, created by independent developers through the Taobao Open Platform, to be downloaded by consumers in Taobao App Store. Taobao Marketplace has introduced various new features and services in recent years to create a more holistic user experience for online shoppers and retailers. Taobao is the biggest online marketplace in Asia and it’s the giant ecommerce leader in China. In every minute, more than 50,000 pieces of merchandises are sold through this giant marketplace. It changes the shopping habit of younger generation even brings a hit of ecommerce in China.