What is it about being Chicago's 1997 CITIZEN OF THE YEAR that disturbs you so much about William Ayers?

Ayers is a classic example of an American who turned his life completely around. He is a highly respected community leader, and out of the millions of people who could have been chosen, he was Chicago's "Citizen of the Year" in 1997. I would have been proud to know the guy! (Those of you who claim to have "issues"... show more Ayers is a classic example of an American who turned his life completely around. He is a highly respected community leader, and out of the millions of people who could have been chosen, he was Chicago's "Citizen of the Year" in 1997. I would have been proud to know the guy! (Those of you who claim to have "issues" with him are grasping at straws.It's really rather sad to see you acting like children who aren't getting their way.)