promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Are we all Gods?? (Psalms 82:6)?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Psalms 82:6

I have said,Ye are Gods;and all of you are children of the most High.

Yes, God is our Father and we all are His children. We belong to Him, for He created us. Not to be Gods within ourselves, but for Him to dwell within us. It is through His spirit that He lives and acts within us. As long as we are one with God, we are His and Godly.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

We are God's children, God's creation, how can we be God and be His creation at the same time?? I think we are primarily made ignorant, with potential to learn and develop to a very higher level, a Christ-like level, which would be the highest level in this Universe. For that to happen, we have to be born, die and be born again several times, have several different experiences, until we reach Perfection. Then, we would be like God, but not God. The Bible says God made man His image, not as Himself.

Peace!

• 1 decade ago

We are not Gods, but we are a small part of the Divine whole, we are like a drop in the ocean but not the ocean.

• rona
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Peace and blessings be upon you.

Man is the successor of the God on the earth to reconstruct it.

We are the God creatures and here is only one God.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • papa G
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Expressions refer to human judges in Israel. This is appropriate, since they were to serve as God’s spokesmen and representatives.—John 10:33-36.

• 1 decade ago

Dear Friend,

Papa G goes to the head of the class. Great answer.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

each and every one of us is a reflection of God's spirit. But we in human form are only fractured aspects of the whole of God, with a mission to reconnect to that wholeness IN SPIRIT by actively expressing it IN THE FLESH. as such, we aren't gods as in "down on your knees and serve and exalt and obey me, slave", but Gods as in reflections of God's spirit in the flesh. kinda the same way you, as a child, are a smaller version of the combined love and spirit and flesh of your parents.

• 4 years ago

Primo, I accept as true with you that the "gods" consult with Israel's judges. I studied this Psalm numerous years in the past and that i will supply you with what I found out from it. i desire it's going to be useful to you and others who study it. God bless, my brother. Psalm eighty two (Rebuke of Israel's Unjust Judges) (v. a million The decide of the judges stands) a million "God" (Elohim-actual God/writer) "stands" (waiting to decide) interior the "congregation of the robust" (human judges); (II Chron. 19:6) He judges "between the gods" (human judges). (vv. 2-5 Accusations against unjust judges) 2 How long will you "decide unjustly" (Ex. 21:5, 6), And tutor "partiality to the wicked" (iniquity, Prov. 18:5; II Chron. 19:7)? Selah 3 "shelter" (vindicate) the adverse and fatherless; Do justice to the stricken and "needy" (bypass to others for help). 4 supply the adverse and needy; unfastened them from the "hand of the wicked" (adverse on the disposal of judges). 5 "They" (unjust judges) don't understand, nor do they understand; They walk approximately in "darkness" (Prov. 2:12, 13); all of the "foundations" (corruption in severe places-Psalm 11:3) of the earth are volatile. (vv. 6-7 The sentence) 6 I reported, “you're "gods" (judges, Heb. elohim), And all of you're babies of the "maximum severe" (Heb. Elyon - John 10:34, 35). 7 yet you shall die "like adult males" (Heb. adom= guy's frailty), And fall like between the "princes" (die as different adult males of severe rank).” (v. 8 decide the earth) 8 arise, O "God" (Elohim), decide the earth; For You shall "inherit" (Rev. 11:15) all countries. purposes: a million) Rom. 13:a million 2) Psalm 11:3 3) John 5:22

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes in a sense, abraham's wife called him my lord.

• 1 decade ago

Glow wings s anwer suits me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.