Nepal appoints 3-year-old as new living goddess. Your thoughts?

The judges read the candidates' horoscopes and check each one for physical imperfections. The living goddess must have perfect hair, eyes, teeth and skin with no scars, and should not be afraid of the dark.

As a final test, the living goddess must spend a night alone in a room among the heads of ritually slaughtered goats and buffaloes without showing fear. ( o _ 0 ) Ummm.......goat heads, buffalo heads, rolly, polly fat heads. ( ^ _ ^ )

Having passed all the tests, the child will stay in almost complete isolation at the temple, and will be allowed to return to her family only at the onset of menstruation when a new goddess will be named to replace her.

"I feel a bit sad, but since my child has become a living goddess I feel proud," said her father Pratap Man Shakya.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Child abuse takes many forms.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Another prime example of different culture different believes. Good for her she gets to feel rejected in her teens. She gets taken out of her Goddess position just when she starts to actually understand it but right before the power can go to her head. At least she won't have a problem getting a husband when she is retired.

• 1 decade ago

Another prime example of different culture different believes. Good for her she gets to feel rejected in her teens. She gets taken out of her Goddess position just when she starts to actually understand it but right before the power can go to her head. At least she won't have a problem getting a husband when she is retired.

• 1 decade ago

I wonder how many people signed their children up to be psychologically tortured for 24 hours, only to be told their child is human but will now need councelling for the next 20 years to combat the trauma that was inflicted upon them by their loving parents.

And for the winner of this contest...wow...Wonder how much councelling that child will need.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It is the culture in that country. This culture keeps them comfortable. Any questions / criticism will hurt those people who follow this since ages.

• Skippy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I only worship Goddesses who are over the age of 18. Blonde and busty preferred.

• hewray
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Religion is an outrage

This is screwed up to the max

• 1 decade ago

I disagree with the practice.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

dumb father, what the hell kind of life is that child going to have?

• 1 decade ago

I have no idea what your question is but I would love to read more about this. Could you provide a link? Thanks!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.