what does that peacock on nbc stand for because i tried to go on wikipedia and see why they have that for ?

their symbol but it was giving me other information i didn't care about. so my question is how did that become their symbol, a peacock

Favorite Answer

Here's a little history on color TV It was realized as early as 1904 that color television was possible using the three primary colors of light: red, green, and blue. In 1928 Baird demonstrated color television using a Nipkow disk in which three sets of openings scanned the scene. A fairly refined color television system was introduced in New York City in 1940 by the Hungarian-born American inventor Peter Goldmark. In 1951 public broadcasting of color television was begun using Goldmark's system. However, the system was incompatible with monochrome television, and the experiment was dropped at the end of the year. Compatible color television was perfected in 1953, and public broadcasting in color was revived a year later. The peacock was started to be used by NBC a few years later.

• dude I

It originally stood for Television in Color. NBC was the first to have color. The peacock has many colors in his tail, just an easy symbol

Source(s): Can remember when Color TV first started.
  • Pat

Oh, my - thanks for making me feel really old. LOL.......

Yes, as the others have said, it had to do with broadcasting in color. When I was young, I can remember going to a friend's house to watch Star Trek because she had a color tv. 8-)