How does dental deductibles work & what to do when I overpaid the office & they won't offer a refund or credit?

*My deductible is $1500. The office says I have about $600 left. What does that mean? Am I not allowed to go the dentist anymore? *I want to get wisdom teeth pulled out but the office's quote is different from the insurance company. Insurance told me $700 but one office says $3000 & another says $1500. The... show more *My deductible is $1500. The office says I have about $600 left. What does that mean? Am I not allowed to go the dentist anymore?

*I want to get wisdom teeth pulled out but the office's quote is different from the insurance company. Insurance told me $700 but one office says $3000 & another says $1500. The office said I will be reimbursed by the ins. co. They know they will get paid but why do they ask me to pay so much upfront? I'd rather pay $700 than $3000 or $1500.

*Also, I paid both offices for exams and xrays that were covered. For office #1, I paid $91 for an exam. I received the EOB from ins. stating they paid $90 to the office and patient responsibility is $1. I haven't heard anything from them.

*For office #2, I paid $164 for exam and xray. Insurance. covered it in full. Also, I had a tooth extracted from them that cost $325 and ins. paid $204. I get a bill from them saying I owe $325 when it should be $121. So wouldn't I get a refund or credit of $164 and have them apply it to the $121? What is going on?

* Office #2 keep telling me ins. company will reimburse me. The ins. company said they have already paid them. Haven't heard nothing from office #1. So wouldn't the offices give me a refund? I really need help on what to do. I hate paying the extra money when I could use it for books, food, etc. My primary dentist overcharged me but they sent a statement that I could be given a credit for a cleaning or given a refund check. Why aren't the other offices doing the same thing? Help and broke?!