Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

What makes you feel worthless? What makes someone feel worthless?

I want to know, what makes someone feel worthless? I'd like to know, personal and anonymous users, what makes you feel worthless? What things have people done to you that really made you feel bad?

My personal experience: its when I make mistakes, I get them shoved back in my face, I should have could have and would have done better if I just SHOULD have done this. It really gets to me and my heart. I've hurt myself because of it. I cant stop this from happening to me. But I am moving out of my house this week because of it. I have an abusive older brother and the stress is way to much for me to handle. That is why the stress and the mistakes make me feel worthless.

Favorite Answer

At this point in my life I make myself feel worthless. Whatever anyone else says or does just amplifies my inner voice. And I really do feel worthless. I am currently on meds and in therapy for it.

Maybe you should find a good therapist. It is done wonders for me, even though I am struggling to function at this point. Without my mental health team I would be curled in a fetal position refusing to leave my bed. Or worse I would have finally carried out my well thought out plans for suicide.

• Bill

Simply put, thoughts and conclusions. Thoughts directly influence how you feel. If you think you are worthless, and keep thinking that way, without challenging that conclusion, it will affect your feelings. This is true of all of us. For me, it's when I paint a watercolor painting that I think is a failure.

To deal with this, here's a method...

1. Be waiting for negative or fearful thoughts, like: “I’m so stupid; I always mess up.” Write them down.

2. Sit somewhere quiet, where you can concentrate and analyze the negative thoughts. Question them. Are they really true? Accurate? Are you really like that? Most times, if not all, you’ll find that the negative thoughts are exaggerated, blown oujt of proportion, twisted thinking, bitter, self-pity, and so on. Write down your analysis. “I’m really not stupid. And I only mess up occasionally.”

3. Now substitute sensible, positive thoughts. Write these down, carry them with you and repeat them often. “Actually, I’m pretty smart. And most of the time I do things well. Sometimes really well.”

To learn more about how to control them better:

http://www.amazon.com/Ten-Days-Self-Esteem-David-B...

On the other hand, if your brother is abusive enough to make it a good idea to move, then moving is a good idea.

• yoon

It sounds to me which you're in an exceedingly very confusing difficulty and you desire help now. it would look that your mom would properly be dealing with some emotional or psychological problems that have no longer something to do with you. you ought to enlist the help of a family individuals counsellor. start up with the scholar centers branch of your college to work out if there are any centers which you will get entry to. have you ever had a guess to take a seat at a time while your mom isn't feeling indignant and quietly going over what are her matters of outrage? it form of feels which you're doing each and every thing that each and each determine would be pleased with: going to college finished time whilst working section time and you're basically 2 many years old; fairly some time forward for boyfriends and relationships. i won't understand any determine turning on their daughter for breaking apart with a boyfriend. ought to she have been residing vicariously by you? good success to you and desire you ought to the two get a scholar own loan so as which you will end college and stay on your guy or woman, or get some family individuals counselling so as that your modern residing difficulty is a minimum of bearable.

Invalidating feelings, degrading, humiliating and verbally or physically attacking people can make someone feel worthless. I'm sorry to hear that you're cutting yourself - I did it for years too, internalising my pain. I know how hard it is not to take other people's nasty actions to heart, so I'm glad to hear that you're moving yourself away from a bad situation. Have you thought about talking to someone you trust about your feelings? I found that getting them off my chest stopped me from cutting. It wasn't easy - and I fell off the wagon a few times - but with kindness and support, and by reaching out, life got better. Good luck.

Regrets are one thing. Another thing is loneliness and lack of social connection, which is usually linked with Depression. I mean, to have no one o connect wuth will make anyone feel worthless.

regrets/bad decisions i have made in my life always make me feel worthless..not only i myself make my own self feel wothless bout it but the people around me keep bringing it back to my memory and that makes me feel worse than i already do..but somehow i just gotta let it pass and prove them wrong about what im gonna do in the future ;)

I've never been loved.