What are some books that have affairs in it like between Abigail Williams and John Proctor in the Crucible?
only better and him actually liking her
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
- The Sun Also Rises (reverse order: the guy adores the girl, and she doesn't).
- The Great Gatsby (same as above scenario)
- My Antonia (a classic coming of age intertwined with a growing relationship)
- Love in Time of Cholera (lots and lots of relationships, and then one that hinges happiness for the protagonist)
- The Stone Gods (they both like each other, but doesn't last)
- Literacy and Longing in L.A (a little muddled relationship, and then another that hints at lasting).
Of course all these books have a theme that isn't primarily concerning relationships (except the Literacy and Longing in LA) but I guessing you are merely looking for the element of a relationship.
- 4 years ago
she is a charater who is married to a greedy man who awants more land. and has lost 8 childern in child birth. and thinks the devil has killed them. she "starts" the whole thing kinda.