What is the best cordless drill/driver on the market?

I'm in the market for a cordless drill/driver. I would like to get one that is of superb quality and has as many applications as possible. For example, I would like it to have a built-in level for both vertical and horizontal drilling. I wouldn't mind it having a light for use in dark places (e.g attic &... show more I'm in the market for a cordless drill/driver. I would like to get one that is of superb quality and has as many applications as possible.

For example, I would like it to have a built-in level for both vertical and horizontal drilling. I wouldn't mind it having a light for use in dark places (e.g attic & basement). Also, I think an optional hammer feature may come in handy from time to time but isn't absolutely necessary.

I would prefer something well balanced with a comfortable grip. I'm not a professional contractor, but I am in the process of fixing up a house so the drill will see moderate use is the future.

I've read that when it comes to battery technology Lithium Ion is the way to go for a nice balance between power, weight, and longevity - or holding charge. I think an 18v Lithium Ion would be nice but am not dead set against considering something else - perhaps 14.4v.

I've looked at Makita, Milwaukee, and DeWalt. They all seem to make a nice product. Online searches say Panasonic makes a good one as well as Bosch. I'm torn. Any help from personal experience or even anecdotal is much appreciated.

Please offer your opinion regardless of price. Again, I desire a drill that has many of the above features and such a comprehensive drill/driver will have extreme value for me in the years to come whatever the price.

Thanks in advance.