The Crucible: John Proctor?
How is he noble, how does he stands up for whats right, and how is he a good character, and how is he bad character?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. John Proctor is a man who stands up for his right at the end. When the judges and all try to get his signiture that he is a witch, John Proctor disagrees that he is not a witch and keep his name as an innocent man.
2. He is noble because he wants to protect his family even though he has an affair with Abigail
3. He is a good character because he later knows what his sins are and how he was careless about others. He kinda sacrifice himself at the end to bring legal rights for his kids to claim their own lands.
4. He is a bad character because his affair with Abigail brings witch-hunt and death upon innocent people.
- Genius Next DoorLv 51 decade ago
Ooh...ooh. I read this last year in American Lit. Go figure. ^_^
John Proctor stands up for what is right because instead of pointing fingers at someone else (his friends) he takes the fall for witchcraft and is hung.
And, he's a bad character because he's lecherous. He had relations with Abigail, and he conveniently forgets adultery when he lists the ten commandments. But Goody Proctor helps him with that...though.
Sorry, I'm a bit fuzzy.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
HE IS NOBLE BECAUSE HE CALLS THE TOWN GIRLS LIARS AND STANDS UP FOR HIS WIFE IN COURT HE IS A GOOD CHARACTER BECAUSE HE TRIES TO STOP ALL THE MURDER AND ANARCHY , HE IS I BAD CHARACTER BECAUSE HE COMITTED LECHERY (ADULTERY;CHEATING ON WIFE;)
YOU SHOULD READ IT ITS A GOOD PLAY DONT BE LAZYSource(s): READ BOOK