Why is there such a problem with MLB teams celebrating after a playoff win?

When you think about it, playoff wins in MLB are more significant than in other sports. In the NBA, 16 teams make it. I'm not sure about the NHL cause I don't follow hockey too closely, but I think it's something similar. In the NFL, there's 12 teams that make it. In MLB, there's only 8. Doesn't that make a... show more When you think about it, playoff wins in MLB are more significant than in other sports.

In the NBA, 16 teams make it. I'm not sure about the NHL cause I don't follow hockey too closely, but I think it's something similar. In the NFL, there's 12 teams that make it. In MLB, there's only 8. Doesn't that make a playoff win more special?

What's the problem with teams celebrating?
Update: I personally think it's great. I mean, if a NBA team wins their first round of playoffs, there's really not that big of a deal. Still a lot of games to be played. You'd just be wasting your champagne! lol. But in MLB, if you win the ALDS...you're only another series win away from the World... show more I personally think it's great.

I mean, if a NBA team wins their first round of playoffs, there's really not that big of a deal. Still a lot of games to be played. You'd just be wasting your champagne! lol. But in MLB, if you win the ALDS...you're only another series win away from the World Series. That's something to be proud of.