Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Were the Yankees smart to re-sign Brian Cashman?

look..

i really don't want any people saying the yankees are dumb anyway cause they suck or something...you can answer those types of questions on your own time.

i am serious.

also,

What should the Yanks focus on during the off-season?

Do you think Cashman will actually do something this year?

Do you think he'll use Melky, Hughes, and Kennedy for bait?

Do you think the Yankees will get some pitchers like C.C or Lowe?

NO SPAM PLEASE!

Favorite Answer

I think the yankees were really dumb to re-sign cashman.

i mean...look what he did last year.

he didnt even try to get Johan..

and said "we have faith in our young players"

well..he was wrong.

just like he will probably not risk trading any other players that he didnt want to trade last year. ex. hughes, kennedy, cabrera.

i do really hope that the yanks get c.c. because that will be great for the yanks rotation.

=]

I think the Yankees were smart in bringing back Brian Cashman. He has shown that he can be a very capable GM when the Steinbrenners get out of his way and let him make the personnel decisions. The reason the Yankees are watching the playoffs this year is that they suddenly old and overpaid. They got that way thanks to some heavy handed input from ownership. It seems that Cashman understands that if the Yankees are going to have long-term sucess as well as short-term success, he is going to have to revert to the original playbook for success in the 90's. Build through the farm system and get free agents to plug in the holes.

Will he do a proper rebuild? I wouldn't put money on that one. I am sure they are going into the offseason and spend the money on the open market like they always do. Especially now that the Yankees will be moving into a brand new stadium. The Yankees should be worrying about getting younger not older. Otherwise they will be in the same mess they currently in. The AL East is going to get tougher and not easier. Not only are they going to continue to battle the Red Sox, but the Rays have finally arrived and the Blue Jays and Orioles are improving as well.

As far as using Melky, Hughes and Kennedy for trade bait? Cashman would be a rank fool if he did. This is the reason why they have no farm system to speak of. They keep trading them away to win now. If you look at the major league landscape, how many former Yankee Prospects are helping other teams out?

The Yankees need to get more than a starter or two. Their bullpen is a mess. It is hard to get Manny Rivera the ball when the middle relievers are bringing their flame throwers and burning down the stadium.

I don't really think that the yankees were at the fault of Cashman this. It was stienbreiners fault for firing Torre and bringing in this crappy replacement by the Giradi. Even in Torre's worst season as a Yankee they still made it to the playoffs so you can't blame Cashman. Instead you can blame Hanky for firing Torre

I think Cashman was a good re-sign. I believe the Yankees made a big mistake by letting Torre Go. and also Hank Steinbrenner is a Jerk and doesn't have a clue.

I am a Yankees fan and I don't believed that they made the right move in re-signing Mr. negative. After 25 years he is to controlling. However this is personal decision by the new owner who is another bonehead. I know George S is old but he take the Yankees to a new level.

Another nail in the coffin for the Yankees...Yanks should focus on getting a GM who knows what he's doing....

No he sux first he can get santana for trading melky and phil hughes who turned out to be terrible then he doesnt get cc sabathia wth if we had another gm we would have cc and santana so bad move

nope! and guess what will happen in 2009? 4th place!