Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 1 decade ago

Greeks who live in New York,Los Angeles or generally in United States?

I'm 14 and I live in Greece.Πώς περνάτε στην Νέα Υόρκη??I'm planning to visit New York next summer or Christmas.Is it as great as I imagine??

Favorite Answer

Not Greek myself, but I have friends who are. Astoria in Queens was little Greece for a long time and it's still a great place to check out. There are pockets of Greeks throughout the US - Chicago has a big Greek-American population, as does Los Angeles and many other major cities. Greeks are very well integrated into mainstream American life, along with every other ethnic group. But many in NYC/Queens still speak fluent Greek.

As a souvenir of your trip, make sure you get a basic (not Starbucks) cup of coffee when in town with the famous greek diner design - "we are happy to serve you". Very New York, and very Greek-American at the same time.

I love New York - it's a great town. Have a wonderful visit and see as much as you can.

• I am not Greek. However, I can tell you that there are a lot of people from Greece who live in the Astoria area of Queens. Not too far from Manhattan. You can go there so you can check out some of OUR Greek lounges, bakeries, restaurants, etc.

Source(s): NYC native. I used to live in Astoria.