Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

I think the term "Palinesque" has a nice ring to it. What do you think?

When someone doesn't answer a question, and immediately changes the topic, we call that Palinesque. What do you think?

Example: How come McCain points fingers, judges, etc. yet he calls himself a "true Christian?" Answer from many: Oh yeh, well, um, Obama one time said..." My response: How Palinesque of you to not-answer and redirect.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • peachy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually, I'm not going to answer this question. Instead, I'd like to talk about something completely different. :)

• 1 decade ago

Haha, I'm going to use that for my boss.

He goes off on "work cruises" all the time while the company is floundering. Yet you ask him if we can buy some more toner for the copier, he says "Wow have you seen the cost of window cleaner lately? Hmmm" NEVER actually answers the question, because he has no answer. Instead, points a finger at something else. That's pretty Palinesque. Thanks for a new fun word. lmao

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It does have a nice ring to it and I might consider using it the next time someone tries to evade a direct question by giving a round about answer, which is something my kids are often very good at.

And it might work when someone tells me why I should support McCain but ends up dancing around the issue and ending up with a direct attack on Obama, bringing up associations that have nothing to do with the real issues of the day.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I looked up Palinesque and it said....."clueless".

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Love it!! Going to work this afternoon and spreading your word. "hey, did you get that report done? Well, Okey dokey, did you see that pretty bird out the window?"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.