Did you know Obama lost in Brazil?

SAO PAULO, Brazil -- Maybe they should have tried "John McCain."

At least eight "Barack Obamas" who borrowed the Democratic presidential candidate's name to run in Brazilian local elections lost.

The defeat of the so-called Obamas came in municipal elections on Sunday that selected mayors and council members in more than 5,000 cities across the nation -- and saw the ruling Workers Party and allies of President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva make gains across the nation.

Best Answer

LOL

even the brazlians know the name Obama=failure

That's because the civil liberties has not arrived in Brazil maybe they should vote on originality like McCain Very Original the maverick of Bush Doctrines

Obama/Biden 08

Good. Then McCain has somewhere else to run for president when he loses this one. Good for him. Shame about Brazil if he does.

Who cares about the Brazilian elections? As long as he loses here, so we don't end up in a socialist society, that is all I care about. If he does get elected I'll start shopping around for a new country to reside in for at least 4 years.

I didn't know Brazil had the remaining 57 states! ;c)

I thought Brazilians only had first names, like Ronaldinho or Pele.

Where's the source?

• J-Dogg

I did not know that...how very...odd of you to point out. I think this qualifies as "desperate."

Apparently they are a lot smarter than most of the US citizens that have become Obamabots!

What does this have to do with American politics, and the current election? Please stay focused. It's a shame how easily distracted Americans are.