Keatho
Keatho asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

If John McCain shou pass away before the election, would Sarah Palin automatically be the nominee for presiden?

I'm not wishing ill on anyone, just wondering if a new nominee for president would have to be chosen or if the VP choice automatically moves up to the role of presidential nominee.

The same could be said for Obama, if he should pass away before November 4th, would Biden be the presidential nominee by default?

Favorite Answer

No, the Republican party wouldn't make her the nominee automatically. It would take some debate amongst GOP leaders. It wouldn't surprise me, though.

I don't like the McPalin ticket, but I don't want John to die. I just want him to retire from public life gracefully and live in one of his (I'm sorry, how many houses does he own exactly??)...ok, maybe on his ranch in Arizona. Sarah can go back to Alaska and disappear in the frozen tundra again.

yes and for palin thats the scary part, can u imagine that? i don't even want to go there..as far as joe biden is concerned he supports obamas polices and like he said he is going to carry them out, god forbid if anything happens to him, while palin wants to interfer as a vp when all shes supposed to do is break ties in the senate. Besides biden has even more "qualifications" and experience then obama if u want to look at it that way. He makes up for whatever experience obama is missing. Much better choice then palin

Madame President Palin

Source(s): life

No. The party would select a presidential candidate.

don't even say that. the thought of that retarded *** b**ch as our president is almost as horrifying as having George Bush in office. well maybe about equally scary. :O

Be afraid................ be very afraid..............