Quote, Story, Statistic, etc. about integrity?

I need a good quote, short story, joke, or statistic about the value of integrity for a debate case.

Best Answer

Quotes about Integrity:

I never had a policy; I have just tried to do my very best each and every day. ~Abraham Lincoln

Wisdom is knowing what to do next; virtue is doing it. ~David Star Jordan, The Philosophy of Despair

Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. ~Oscar Wilde, The Soul of Man Under Socialism

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it. ~Buddha

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out. ~Thomas Babington Macaulay

But that's always the way; it don't make no difference whether you do right or wrong, a person's conscience ain't got no sense, and just goes for him anyway. If I had a yaller dog that didn't know no more than a person's conscience does I would pison him. It takes up more room than all the rest of a person's insides, and yet ain't no good, no how. ~Mark Twain, Huck Finn

Little boldness is needed to assail the opinions and practices of notoriously wicked men; but to rebuke great and good men for their conduct, and to impeach their discernment, is the highest effort of moral courage. ~William Lloyd Garrison

We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims. ~Harriet Woods

Have a very good reason for everything you do. ~Laurence Olivier

INTEGRITY:

Carol B. Thomas

First Counselor in the Young Women General Presidency

Integrity makes you whole and complete.

What is this most important principle? Integrity means to do what you say you will do; you keep promises to yourself. The Young Women program defines integrity as: "I will have the moral courage to make my actions consistent with my knowledge of right and wrong."

"We can easily spot . . . someone with integrity. They're honest. They do the right thing when nobody is watching. They keep their word and they keep our confidences. They repay their debts, and they clean up their own messes. They accept responsibility for their actions" ("The Wholeness of Integrity," Church News, 26 June 1999, 16).

Everyone comes into this world with different levels of integrity. Have you ever wondered what qualified Jesus to be given the role as Savior of the world? He was the Firstborn of the Father, chosen from the beginning. But what really made Him perfect? It was His total dedication and desire to please our Father in Heaven. The Savior was capable of sinning, but His desire for "honesty [was] an armor against temptation" (James E. Talmage, Jesus the Christ, 3rd ed. [1916], 134). The Savior said, "I do always those things that please [the Father]" (John 8:29). We know that throughout His life, He consistently made right choices. He had the moral courage to make His actions consistent with His knowledge of right and wrong... so on..

JOke about Integrity:

Questioning A Lawyer's Personal Integrity

An investment counselor went out on her own. She was shrewd and diligent, so business kept coming in. Pretty soon she realized she needed an in-house counsel, and so she began interviewing young lawyers.

"As I'm sure you can understand," she started off with one of the first applicants, "in a business like this, our personal integrity must be beyond question." She leaned forward and continued, "Mr. Peterson, are you an honest lawyer?"

"Honest?" replied the job prospect. "Let me tell you something about honest. Why, I'm so honest that my father lent me fifteen thousand dollars for my education and I paid back every penny the minute I tried my very first case."

"Impressive. And what sort of case was that?"

The lawyer squirmed in his seat and admitted, "He sued me for the money."

Integrity: A name is the blueprint of the thing we call character. You ask, What's in a name? I answer, Just about everything you do.

Author: Morris Mandel

Integrity is not a 90 percent thing, not a 95 percent thing; either you have it or you don't.

Author: Peter Scotese

Integrity is not a conditional word. It doesn't blow in the wind or change with the weather. It is your inner image of yourself, and if you look in there and see a man who won't cheat, then you know he never will.

Author: John D. MacDonald

No man can tell whether he is rich or poor by turning to his ledger. It is the heart that makes a man rich. He is rich according to what he is, not according to what he has. Henry Ward Beecher

No man can purchase his virtue too dear, for it is the only thing whose value must ever increase with the price it has cost us. Our integrity is never worth so much as when we have parted with our all to keep it. Charles Caleb Colton

The highest courage is to dare to be yourself in the face of adversity. Choosing right over wrong, ethic over convenience, and truth over popularity ... these are choices that measure your life. Travel the path of integrity without looking back, for there is never a wrong time to do the right thing.

Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity, they think of you. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man. William Shakespeare

Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.Albert Einstein

more here:

http://www.motivational-inspirational-corner.com/g...

http://quotations.about.com/cs/inspirationquotes/a...

That is very awkward. The only story I have is not so much awkward but a little sad, in the pathetic kind of way. A couple of weeks ago I had to crawl under the door of the bathroom stall to unlock it because my friend had passed out on the bathroom floor. That's what too many tequila shots will do to you.