Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim?

I'm glad they lost today, they don't deserve to be called the "Los Angeles" Angels. Why not just call them the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California of the United States of America."

Should the Angels should just change their name back to the Anaheim Angels? Because I'm pretty sure the Orange County Tax Payers enjoy having their team being called the LA Angles, and us LA Citizens don't like being associated to a disgusting team such as the Angels.

So my question, do you think Artie Moreno will consider changing them back to the Anaheim Angels?

Update:

Hey Tom Morello lover, obvioulsy you DONT care about it. I don't even think you live in the OC, cus if you do you would be bothered about the fact that you guys your taxes, but can't have a Baseball team named after their hometown.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Yes, thank you!

LA resident here, and I am sick that the Angels are said to be in LA! WE ARE NOT FREAKIN LA.

• 1 decade ago

Are you kidding. It was his idea to change the name. The Mayor had a fit and the city even sued Moreno. As a resident of Anaheim, we had rallies and protests to no avail. Mr. Moreno's thinking was the because the Angels started as a farm team in Los Angeles in 62. Those of us in OC wanted them to remain the Anaheim Angels or maybe the California Angels as they were first called.

• 1 decade ago

I believe Artie Moreno changed the name for some International cache. I see it as ego driven, as every Angel fan I've talked to in Orange County saw it as absolutely embarrassing. They won the 2002 World Series as the Anaheim Angels, they already earned name recognition. Stupid.

The Angels are a soilid team that play in a weak division (sound like another team?...alright I agree-Manny took the Dodgers to a new level.) I'll root for the Dodgers if they beat the Phillies.

• 1 decade ago

They should call them the Orange County Angels.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Anaheim like Hollywood is part of LA.

Why dont the Dodgers call themselves

The Los Angeles Dodgers of Hollywood?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When they move to Las Vegas, they'll call them the Las Vegas Angels, that's the next move!!

• 1 decade ago

I seriously think they should consider changing their name into "Los Angeles-Anaheim B*tches of Boston."

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

lol

seems like ever since they changed to LAA they cant win in post season

they wont change it back

i think its funny when LAA plays in Dodgers stadium the scoreboard read AA vs LAD

LOL

• Chad C
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I dont belive he is too worried about the name of the team at this time. Im a loyal fan till I die.

• 1 decade ago

i call them the

losangeles CALIFORNIA ANGELS ofanaheim

too bad i cant change the font size

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.