Hazard switch still making ticking noise? jetta?

I have a 2001 jetta, there was a recall for the hazard switch, i guess it was malfunctioning or something- that runs the turn signals too. Anyway- i had it changed twice- i guess the first shop that did it didnt mark down that i had it done, so the next time i took it to the dealership, they also replaced it. The... show more I have a 2001 jetta, there was a recall for the hazard switch, i guess it was malfunctioning or something- that runs the turn signals too. Anyway- i had it changed twice- i guess the first shop that did it didnt mark down that i had it done, so the next time i took it to the dealership, they also replaced it. The stupid thing still makes a clicking noise- like im using my turn signal, but it doesnt turn the lights on, just the noise. It doesnt do it all the time, but when it does do it, it will go on for a good minute then stop then again, on and off. It is truly annoying. Could it be the wiring or something? Please help me with this headache.
Update: Let me clarify...the ticking is happening when I am not using my turn signals. my wording was a little off up there. It only happens when I am not turning- they work correctly when I am. And the clicking is chaotic- much faster speed than the normal turn signal pace.