Sheer Cover VS. Bare Minerals?

Hey I was wondering what everyone's experiences were with sheer cover or bare minerals. I'm not sure which one to buy and I'd like to know if it REALLY works?

I have fair skin and I'm also prone to acne so I need to know if it will truly cover up any blemishes that I have....

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I am a professional makeup artist, I do a LOT of high end clientele. I do photo shoots, weddings etc. I have used so many different brands of makeup and different mediums (liquid, cream, mineral) NEVER USE ANY mineral makeup with BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE it is actually a METAL that has been processed with tin and copper. It is a skin irritant and can cause rash, itching, and in larger doses cystic acne.

NO TO SHEER COVER! They look very orange (oompa loompa syndrome) and you can tell on everyone that uses it that they are wearing makeup. This is an easy one to just say avoid!

Here is my beef with BARE ESCENTUALS......

They are ALL about marketing (whatever you want to hear)

1)Saying they have NO PRESERVATIVES (very misleading) they DO use preservatives, in their mineral veils flip it over it says methylparabean (a harmful cancer causing chemical preservative)

2)Saying Pure Minerals- they are not as I stated before they use bismuth oxychloride which is not actually a mineral but a processed metal and cheap filler

3)Saying you can sleep in it- No dermatologist would ever recommend you to sleep in any makeup, especially ones with preservatives and bismuth

4)They use cheap fillers (bismuth, cornstarch)-more itchiness and irritation

5)They are overhyped, overpriced for what they are selling you

6)They wear off by mid day (reapply, reapply) and look pretty greasy if you have slightly oily skin (due to the bismuth, I cannot have this with photos as matte photos better)

OVERALL REVIEW- Stay away from BARE ESCENTUALS.

I however do love mineral makeup. I found a company I love based out of Chicago called FAERIE ORGANIC MINERALS this is why.........

1)They ARE natural, THEY use NO PRESERVATIVES, No cheap fillers (cornstarch etc) NO BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE

2)Their minerals STAY PUT! They last all day even in some pretty extreme heat

3) Great coverage (redness, acne, etc) light as a feather, airy, natural and yet leaves a healthy glow.

4)They use a high end expensive mineral called BORON NITRIDE (this is used in the highest end mineral brands like Jane Iredale etc)

5) Boron Nitride! It is amazing on the skin. It is known to be antibacterial (actually helps acne when your wearing it), it is skin soothing and a skin perfector and makes your makeup last all day (this is what I look for in mineral makeup)

6)They offer a FREE sample kit so you can try several colors at once (you just pay shipping-like $5.99)

7)Their fair is very Fair and works on the lightest of complexion it blends right into the skin

8)They do NOT use MICRO PARTICLES (you need to look for this as these are very dangerous to your health if inhaled and many companies use them)

9) They do no coat their products (this can also be bad for your skin and dangerous to your health watch for silicone treated or dimethicone etc- very undesirable, especially with acne)

10)They are NEVER cakey, powdery or dull like store brands which are so cheap

OVERALL REVIEW- this is the best I have used after much research and my clientele loves it too. I know you will. Check out their site it has a lot of information and they are very helpful. http://www.faerieorganic.com/

Source(s):

professional makeup artist-10years

skin care specialist

Dry and/or greasy skin due to poor oil composition of the skin. Thick greasy oils clog pores, lack of oil leads to dryness and irritation. You need thin oils to moisturize while dissolving and clearing gunk in your poors. Try fish oil or seafood. 2 tsp fish oil a day or 4 servings of seafood a week. Stick it out for at least 2 months; it will take a long time to replace all your oil. Any effect after 1-2 days is temporary or random; so even if it makes you break out a little at first, you haven't given it a full try yet.

In the short term you can wash and moisturize well, but that will only go so far. Plus excessive washing can be drying and excessive moisturizing can be clogging. Use a small amount of a light moisturizer, made with oil not jelly or grease. Often that means soybean oil or mineral oil. Mineral oil means mined from the ground. So soybean oil is usually better, though mineral oil won't cause too much harm. Clean with soap and water, not a harsh acne cleanser. Even then they only work so well. So you really need the seafood.

Antibiotics aren't really good for bacteria long term, they'll come back in force after. Short term they may help. After you get off them find some kefir with acidophilus listed first or 2nd to replace the friendly bacteria they destroyed. Studies show less illness when you have these bacteria, even outside the stomach in places such as the lungs and elsewhere. You want friendly bacteria to fill the void when the antibiotics stop, not harmful ones.

In the short term you might also try 100,000+ iu retinol vitamin A (a megadose, and too much for normal use) or one of the acne drugs that is similar to retinol vitamin A. It's some minor harm to your organs, but it helps against bacteria on your skin. At least it doesn't have the other long term drawbacks to your skin that antibiotics and many scrubs do.

If you would like to learn how to treat your acne permanently and regain your health and wellbeing, without drugs, without typical acne treatments, and without any side effects, then this will be the most important letter you will ever read.

Weird Trick Forces Your Body

To Eliminate Your Acne

Giving You Beautiful Clear Skin

In 30-60 Days?

Make sure your sound is turned on!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Sheer Cover VS. Bare Minerals?

Thanks!

Source(s): sheer cover bare minerals: https://tr.im/hhwxa

I tired Bare minerals and I didn't like it at all, it wasn't right for my skin. Then I did some research online and found a mineral makeup called everyday minerals, and honestly i love it so much!!!! it is so great and does not irritate my skin like how bare minerals did.

here is the site: http://www.everydayminerals.com/

.

I've also heard good reviews about sheer cover, my friend who uses it said it was better than bare minerals.

• tang

Sheer Cover

i like bare minerals for coverage better than sheer cover. Bare Minerals has many more shade options to match you skin tone. Sheer cover was too orange for me. Also, I have very sensitive skin and had a reaction to Sheer Cover.

I've been using bare minerals since last December and LOVE it!!! It does not cure you from acne---but it does not aggravate my sensitive skin at all! I see visible improvements when I wear it. Sorry no experience with the sheer cover though.

I really do sleep in it too, and no problems whatsoever!

I have used both products. I like both, but I found that BM would get a cakey over time. I found that SC looked powdery at first, but within 10 mins absorbed into my skin. It looks like I have no make up on at all. LOVE it for that that natural look. As long as you stay hydrated (consume water), the make up will last 12 hrs, no joke. covers well. Im more in love with the SC face wash, lotion & primer. Best I've ever used without breaking out.

I'll be honest, I hate that I can no longer order SC online. You actually have to make a phone call if you want to change your kit. At times, I go to BM if I'm running low on something, just because it's convenient. BUMMER FACTOR. I still love SC over BM. Good luck!

I have acne prone skin as well, and I did use Bare Minerals for a while.

I find that when you layer it to build coverage over acne spots, it gets shiny/greasy.

I'd recommend Cover Fx's Powder Fx, it was recommended for me by my dermatologist.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P19...

This product doesn't get shiny. You can also pair it with other Cover Fx products, like this Matte Oil Absorbing Powder (if your skin tends to become oily):

Cover Fx products were created by a dermatologist so they are all great for your skin.

Bare minerals is amazing. it doesnt feel like youre wearing anything and it just makes your skin look super healthy. it looks like your wearing nothing even though you no you are!

Source(s): experince!