Mona asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

does any one know this movie?

when i was small i think i saw it on tv..where there like 3 kids and they go to some place and they have coins to get a new mom..and i think in the end they stay with there real mom..

and also there was this tv show where i think it was something like Alice in wonderland..i dont know ..there was the queen of hearts and well that's pretty much all i can remember..i have to think about that one some more..

Update:

k thanks everyone

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Trading Mom (1994)

aka The Mommy Market

starring Sissy Spacek, Anna Chlumsky, Aaron Michael and Asher Metchik, André the Giant (final film), Maureen Stapleton

IMDb synopsis:

Elizabeth, Jeremy, and Harry Martin have had it with their workaholic, nagging mother and they get in trouble at school with bullies and almost smoking cigarettes. They go to this mysterious gardener named Mrs. Cavour and she tells the siblings about an ancient spell to make their mother disappear. That night they say the incantation and the next morning, they wake up and they find their mother is gone and they can't remember anything about her. Mrs. Cavour tells the children about the Mommy Market, a place in town where they had about every mother you could think of. When they go there, the Mommy Market had a policy where you could have 3 tokens to take a mother home. If they could not find a suitable mother by their third token, they could never go back. The mothers they pick are not what they hoped for and they feel lost without someone to look after them. They wanted their very own mother to love and they must think of a memory of their own to remember her and break the spell.

There have been many versions of "Alice in Wonderland" and "Alice Through the Looking Glass". Is there anything specific you recall? This one is from awhile back:

Alice in Wonderland (1999 TV movie)

starring Tina Majorino as Alice, Miranda Richardson as Queen of Hearts, Martin Short as Mad Hatter, Whoopi Goldberg as the Cheshire Cat

Alice Through the Looking Glass (1998 TV movie)

starring Kate Beckinsale as Alice, Sian Phillips as Red Queen, Ian Holm as White Knight

I think that someone already listed one of these:

Adventures in Wonderland (1991-1995 TV series)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The name of the movie is trading mom. also i think the show you are referring to may be adventures in wonderland. It ran on the disney channel back in the early to mid 90's

• Roy D
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

tttttrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaddddddiiiiiiinnngggggg mmmmmooooooommmmmmmm.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.