Why should I vote for Obama?

In one week I'm going to vote. I have never been on the fence as much as I have in this election. Traditionally I vote Democrat and have been appalled with the Bush administration.

However as a white male I see nothing of benefit from Obama's camp. In fact I feel attacked at every turn. Being directly accused that if I don't vote for him than I'm racist.

It has been the hardest 8 years that I have ever live under this Republican Administration and had hope that new leadership would help pull us up. Unfortunately I don't see this as a possibility. Give a good reason to vote for Obama.

I’m moved to remark on this because the meme is circulating that Obama’s problem is that white working-class voters are all a bunch of Archie Bunkers who are too racist to vote for him. This meme is being pushed aggressively by the Obama campaign, especially after the huge Pennsylvania loss. Straight from Axelrod’s mouth to the pages of the New York Times, where it’s dressed up as thoughtful analysis.

US elections: Barack Obama faces struggle to win over America's 'redneck belt'

Headlines: By Alex Spillius, Charleston, West Virginia

Wright on 9/11: "White America got their wake-up call after 9/11. White America and the Western world came to realize people of color had not gone away, faded in the woodwork, or just disappeared as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns." On the Sunday after the attacks, Dr. Wright blamed America.

Wright on the disappearance of Natalee Holloway: "Black women are being raped daily in Africa. One white girl from Alabama gets drunk at a graduation trip to Aruba, goes off and gives it up while in a foreign country and that stays in the news for months."

Wright on Israel: "The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for over 40 years now. Divestment has now hit the table again as a strategy to wake the business community and wake up Americans concerning the injustice and the racism under which the Palestinians have lived because of Zionism."

Wright on America: He has used the term "middleclassness" in a derogatory manner; frequently mentions "white arrogance" and the "oppression" of African-Americans today; and has referred to "this racist United States of America."

WASHINGTON (AP) — Deep-seated racial misgivings could cost Barack Obama the White House if the election is close, according to an AP-Yahoo News poll that found one-third of white Democrats harbor negative views toward blacks — many calling them "lazy," "violent," responsible for their own troubles.

The poll, conducted with Stanford University, suggests that the percentage of voters who may turn away from Obama because of his race could easily be larger than the final difference between the candidates in 2004 — about two and one-half percentage points.

---

More than a third of all white Democrats and independents — voters Obama can't win the White House without — agreed with at least one negative adjective about blacks, according to the survey, and they are significantly less likely to vote for Obama than those who don't have such views.

True patriot: an informed voter! - "The fact that you identify yourself as a white male means that you're making your decision about race. So yes, you are a racist.

If you hadn't said, "...as a white male" you're argument would have been stronger."

If by me pointing out the fact I'm white makes me a racist than isn't Obama afflicting himself with racist? Their remarks were a negivative mark against a different demographic.

Out of all the comments Patriot was the less factual.

Favorite Answer

You don't have to like Obama. I'm sorry that people are making you feel racist for being white and not liking Obama. Then don't vote for Obama. Vote for a 3rd party candidate. Vote for the green party candidate or a socialist party candidate or write in whom you think should be president like Ron Paul. Just don't vote for McCain and reward the republicans for making a mess of this country. McCain has sided with Bush 90% of the time and that's a fact. The guy is 72 years old and may die and Sarah Palin will be running the show. McCain/Palin don't put country first. By virtue of his VP choice (so many better out there) of Palin, he has chosen to make this campaign about politics, not about what needs to be done in this country. He chose Palin because he needed the evangelical Christian vote which put W in the white house. Also, McCain and Palin are both light on the intellectual scale, especially regarding economics. A vote for them is a vote for Bush and means you want more of the same. Vote for whomever else, just don't cast your vote for a Republican. Show them that they had their chance and they blew it. Republicans used to be about best in class, they are supposed to be against affirmative action because you're supposed to work hard to get there, McCain and Palin are poor examples of that. McCain got to where he was because of his father and his wife, Palin is just a pawn to solidify the conservative evangelical base. That's not putting country first.

Obama's fiscal plans involve a net decrease in the budget deficit, McCain's will increase it:

"Moreover, the beneficial impacts of Mr McCain’s tax cuts on investment could be entirely cancelled out by the borrowing that would be needed to finance a bigger deficit. The Tax Policy Centre estimates that his tax plans would boost the national debt by $758 billion by 2018, assuming that Mr Bush’s tax cuts remain in place and the Alternative Minimum Tax—a parallel tax system aimed at the wealthy—doesn’t ensnare a growing share of the middle class. Such borrowing pushes up interest rates and thereby crowds out more productive private investment.

Mr McCain has promised to balance the budget in his first term (ie, by 2013) but offers no credible way of doing this, especially since the deficit is already projected to top $400 billion, or about 3% of GDP, next year. Mr Obama’s tax plans, relative to the same projections, would reduce the debt by $748 billion."

Source(s): The Economist, 10/2/2008

You shouldn't! he's for the killing innocent people not to mention he makes promises he doesn't keep.

You have to realize, Obama is a lot more like Bush than McCain ever was.

Bush .... not honest, has been proven many times

McCain .. Honest (or at least more so)

Obama .. not honest. has been lying about his dealings with terrorist and radicals, also is under inverstigation by FEC on campaign violations, and

BUSH .. big governemnt, more taxes, record deficits ...

McCain . smaller government, reign in outrageous spending by government.

OBAMA.. proposes record spending beyond the 34 trillion budget deficit to social ize healthcare instead of fixing it. Just like Bush only bigger and more of it.

Bush ... Fought the surge, but decided to do it after ISG recommended it.

McCain .. part of the ISG, recommended the surge, it was wildly successfull. Now McCain wants to continue withdrawal and turning security over to the Iraqi's.

OBAMA .. just like Bush, resisted the surge and fought to pull out in shame and disgrace, until the surge worked, and then now admits it is a success. Says he will remove troops by 2010, which is what Bush and Rumsfeldt originally set in the time tables in 2002 before we ever fired the first shot.

If you look at the facts, the more shocked you will be at the similarit of Obama and Bush and not McCain.

The best way to decide who to vote for is to throw down the newspapers, turn off the TV and not listen to any body until Nov 4. Then go and vote your heart as an American.

Don't.

He cannot end the war, and if he does, we will leave a good country unprotected and that country will fall.

You aren't a racist, and yes, that has happened before.

Leading the country isn't a piece of cake. I dislike Bush, but it was complicated. He did make progress, though, killing Saddam and helping out Iraq. There have been many, many problems though.

McCain and Bush are not the same person, but they are alike. Obama will make mistakes and do some good, and so will McCain.

Vote as you wish, but in my opinion, McCain is the better choice.

I know this said to give a good reason for Obama, but I cannot.

The fact that you identify yourself as a white male means that you're making your decision about race. So yes, you are a racist.

If you hadn't said, "...as a white male" you're argument would have been stronger.

This election is about race only to those for whom it is an issue. I don't care what race Obama is. All I care about are his positions.

The true patriot is an informed voter.

• adule

i'm vote casting for Obama because of the fact he's the extra ideal canidate. neither is right yet between the two Obama is 100x extra ideal. Romney additionally needs to get rid of financial help (over ninety% of yank pupils use financial help) If he repeals Obamacare hundreds of thousands of persons (babies coated) would be without healthcare. Romney has particularly much an identical rules as bush. We gave republicans 8 years in place of work and what did they do??? MESS each and every thing UP Obama have been given into place of work whilst our economy grew to become into in unfastened fall. Republicans get mad because of the fact Obama did no longer thoroughly restoration Bushs 8 years of mess in in basic terms 4 short years. so as that they desire to re-choose for somebody with an identical rules because of the fact the guy who sent our economy into unfastened fall

Well you say you disagree with bush. If you disagree with Bush u must disagree with the iraq war right? Well, McCain says we might stay there for another 100 years! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFknKVjuyNk

Youtube thumbnail

)

Obama would pull out of Iraq as fast as he could.

Also, look at how old McCain is! (72 years old!!!!!)

Soon he might die. Then Palin would become presedent. (if McCain is elected) Palin is the least expirenced ***** I have ever seen, she doesn't know what the Bush Doctrine is, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z75QSExE0jU

Youtube thumbnail

)

She is governer of Alaska for less than 2 years, Mayer of a REALLY small town, and doesn't answer questions in the Debates (if you watched them, you'd obviously know)

Theres only a COUPLE of reasons, hoped this helped!

This whole not voting for him/racist thing isn't true

Vote for who you want, stop caring about what others think

He will:

End the War

Restore the middle class.

Get healthcare for all.

Fix our schools and inspire kids to excel.

Honestly address climate change and alternative energy.

Invest in US infrastructure.

That's why.