Australian World cup Squad Picked?

Terry Campese (Canberra), Petero Civoniceva (Penrith), Michael Crocker (Melbourne), Craig Fitzgibbon (Sydney Roosters), Israel Folau (Melbourne), Paul Gallen (Cronulla), Kurt Gidley (Newcastle), Justin Hodges (Brisbane), Greg Inglis (Melbourne), Brent Kite (Manly), Anthony Laffranchi (Gold Coast), Darren Lockyer (capt, Brisbane), Joel Mongahan (Canberra), Josh Perry (Manly), Steve Price (NZ Warriors), Scott Prince (Gold Coast), Billy Slater (Melbourne), Cameron Smith (Melbourne), Brett Stewart (Manly), Glenn Stewart (Manly), Brent Tate (NZ Warriors), Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland), Anthony Watmough (Manly), David Williams (Manly).

A squad of 25 has been picked and Lockyer will captain the side.

And i'ts good to see the Wolfman (who no longer has he's beard) in the squad. All those that told me he's not experienced enough to play for Australia in my other question, looks like you were wrong, lol

Do you think anyone missed out that deserved to be there.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,2204...

Favorite Answer

I'm happy that Campese was picked, he totally deserved it. I also

agree about Wolfman, but I don't think he should play the bigger games, just a few pool ones so that he is perfect next time around.

The players that should've been included were: Hunt, Thaiday and Tupou. Orford was very unlucky to miss out, as was Cronk, but Thurston and Prince are a class above in my opinion.

Gallen is only in the squad because Pricky Stuart is his coach.

Cheers!

Matt Orford(Ox), Karlmicheal Hunt

Brent Tate should Not be in there. I think that he has not played enought consistent footy yet. Same with Micheal Crocker. Didnt Ricky Stuart say something about the fact that he would not pick players heading to the Super League into the Australian Squad??? And the only reason Paul Gallen is in there is because of the fact that Ricky Stuart is the Sharks Coach and the Australian Coach. Seriously, count the number of times hes been in trouble with the refs this year.

• Yeah good to see wolfman in there. To all those who said he has no experience half the players in the squad could not say they have played in a winning premiership team and scored a try in a Grand Final.

As for other picks I think Campese is a great choice as is Glenn Stewart and Brent Kite will be in the run on side for mine. There are a lot of rookies in the squad but you can bet Ricky Stuart will not pick the inform rookies he will go with the old boring incumbent players. Fans would love to see some of these young guns out there so maybey a couple of the less important games we might.

Source(s): Manly 40 - Storm 0 (remember)

"No, but I can tell you someone there who shoulda been left out &thats Lockyer.I cant wait till that pain in the a$$ gets left out of the Aussie team."

WTF bingalee you are a tool. Faircoin cricket fan.

Darren is THE big game player, the confidence he exudes means everything for team moral and with all these debutants we def need that. I cant count the number of times he has won games in the dying minutes for Australia,Queensland and the Broncos. He is the first picked in any side.

Thurston on the other hand...... bah...

Yes the storms Cooper Cronk. As a storm supporter this is a real downer, he deserves better, he, cam smith and slater are a team and should not be separated. I noticed also that Matt Orford is missing as well. Much to the dismay of manly supporters.

Would have Matt Cooper, Steve Menzies, Luke Baily (if available) in

Out: Brent Tate, Josh Perry, Glen Stewart.

Kind of agree with Bingalee, I think Lockyer should be there but sacked as captain for his lies.

Source(s): Just my opinion

I agree with all of them, expect Michael Crocker...thug..

Its great to see Dave Williams selected. Considering he came up from reserve grade to fill in for Michael Bani, he's done so well this year.

x

• Bill P

It is not bad but I do think that it is terrible that the selectors have picked players who have left the NRL. Does this now mean that overseas players will be considered for the Australian side.

I'm shocked that Matty Orford wasn't picked, he led us to victory and he is an awesome player, much better than thurston.

How long is Mason out for? I think Alan Tounge is unlucky. Fitzgibbon is very surprising.