Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

should the united states legalize mery killing?

• Trish
    Best Answer

I'm opposed to "mercy killing" on moral grounds, but even without that, I think it is a bad idea as a matter of public policy because of the message it sends. The "right" to a "good death" too easily turns into a perceived duty to die, a duty that can expand to any group that is seen as a burden in some way.

The Nazis did not start off proclaiming to all of Germany, "Let's round up all the gypsies, homosexuals, and Jews, and ship them to death camps." No, they started off talking about how horrible it must be to suffer from disability, and how much better it would be for such people to be "helped" by euthanasia.

I once knew a man who had grown up in Nazi Germany. He remarked once, "People like to say they didn't know what was happening, but one day, there would be a retarded person on your block, and the next day, there wouldn't be. You KNEW!"

I am willing to suffer rather than have the kind of easy death that could lead my society down an evil path.

Euthanasia is a international huge circulation and not in usa purely. the perfect determination interior the problem will finally count on the typical international view . This view appears like the proverb 'prepared to wreck yet afraid to strike. however the terror has no longer something to do with loss of bravery however the even widening scientific knolwledllge purely think of that some sufferers is positioned to sleep right now and day after right now a therapy comes up which will have reversed the ailment, whether the medical doctors attending the euthanasia are above regulation, in the event that they're particularly actually worth the sale of their profession they might go through pangs of expertise of right and incorrect . If he's vulnerable in determination he could even pass mad. So you ought to for all to pass sluggish interior the problem.which contains usa.