Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is the Bible the word of G-d or corrupted like Muslims claim?

it comes striking to see why people who convert to Islam say that they trust the Koran's version of the Bible, history of self defense in wars as well as right to offenses when peace treaties broke all goes to show the steadfast of the truth held against G-ds enemy, SATAN, who rejects the human race and likes to divide us by ethnicity or appearance to deceive.

Here i find a BBC article which proves Muslims right., remind you Islam does not propagate hatred towards Judaism, and i found many passages that agree with the bible in the Koran which are in favor of devoted Jews, the Bible in fact was harder on the pagan Jews, Moses rounded more then 60,000 to there deaths while Muslims only gave those who broke there peace treaties a chance to flee or die (all but children elders and woman) even still.

This is a interesting link for hard core Christians

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/765110...

And i ask, can the bible still be the word of G-d when there is no doubt people tampered with it, including scribes Moses warned the world about.

From Moses: (Deuteronomy 31:25-29For I know that after my death ye will become utterly corrupt, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Qu'ran is fine, some proclaimed Muslims proved they can not keep up with it, but they do it much more then Christians and Jews who also like blending tribal traditions and other anti religious things warned not to do, but at least with Judaism the world knows they are cursed and awaiting redemption from a Messiah to allow them back in Jerusalem in peace, -> obviously we see this today and the way they took Palestine by force with US military power is not living in Peace with the children of Abraham (Muslims, Jews and Christians) who they expect the Messiah to bring together under the sun., seems like tehse Zionists are NOT religious and of the devil.

And for all those who play the antisemitic propaganda of Zionism to claim muslims blow themselves up over Israels occupation of there land, taking there homes, killing there family and starving them in Ghettos as the Nazis did in Poland once using US tax dollars and trillions your nothing but liars and hypocrites, you allready lost your economy to oil rich nations just from there switching to Euroes, but US leaders and Israel do not care, they got there portion of the profits in a advanced BAIL OUT SCAM NOW:, soon the US will be under Marshall law and you wont even be able to leave America until you pay up.

And as i understand, The Qur'an is a book which contains the same word of G-d as in the bible, says it makes the words from G-d clear of alterations people did to the Bible., and demands one simple thing, SINCERE HUMAN BIENGS:

Every Jew knows Abraham was promised that both Ishmael and his younger brother ISAAC are to be blassed with nations, live side by side, and the Qu'ran states as long as you fallow G-ds religion be so called Jews, Christians or whatever you will inherit G-ds promise.

If you have a problem with that your the hypocrite liars in both the Koran and Bible.

Any other commandments in regards to killing are the same as in the bible and stricter in the Qur'an, where in the bible Moses killed anything that breathed the Qur'an says do not kill children, farmers, elders and woman., and anyone who wishes to NOT fight any more but even seek refuge for them.

Maybe some of you here need to stop judging a book by its cover like you do people. lol

Source(s): 1. [2.62] Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve. "But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things). (The Noble Quran, 8:61)" "Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. (The Noble Quran, 2:190)" "And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God; but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression. (The Noble Quran, 2:193)" "But if at the time of division other relatives, or orphans or poor, are present, feed them out of the (property), and speak to them words of kindness and justice. (The Noble Quran, 4:8)" Bible; Gen.35 [5] And they journeyed: and the terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sons of Jacob. Lev.26 [16] I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror , consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is enough evidence to support the claim that the Quran may have been tampered with. Nobody knows where the original Quran is. The Quran that we have in our hands now is called the Uthman's Quran, which was collected long after Mohammed's death. Parts of the original Quran must have been lost, after many of the reciters of the Quran died or were killed in battle. Uthman, the third Caliph (successor of Mohammed) gathered what was left of the Quran, arranged it by length of Surahs rather than chronologically, then burned all other existing copies.

The Bible, on the other hand, has stood the test of time. To suggest that the Bible has been altered is against both reason and historic findings.

Neither Christians nor Jews can reasonably be accused of altering their Scriptures. One reason is that they didn't have anything to gain from doing so, and if they did, they wouldn't willingly spill their blood defending it. In the book of Revelation God puts a severe punishment on those who add to or take away, any part of God's Word. (See Revelation 22:18 & 19)

The Jews were also commanded not to commit such a terrible act. (See Deuteronomy 4:2)

Furthermore, Christians and Jews did not alter their Scriptures based on historic evidence. Many manuscripts of early copies of the Bible were discovered through the years, and were found to match the text we have now. Here are some of these famous manuscript:

The Sinaitic - It was written in the middle of the fourth century, about 270 years before Islam. It contains the whole of the New Testament and a large part of the Old Testament. It is now kept in the British Museum

The Alexandrian - It was written in the early fifth century, more than 200 years before Islam. It contains the whole Bible, except a few pages that have been lost. It is also kept in the British Museum.

The Vatican - It was written in the early fourth century, about 300 years before Islam. It contains the whole Bible. It is now kept in the Vatican Library at Rome.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Since you asked, "Is the Bible the word of G-d or corrupted like Muslims claim," please allow me to explain some Bible facts that are amazing.

When the translators of the King James Bible wrote the Old Testament, the oldest available manuscript for them to use, was known as the Masoretic Text. This had been written in the 9th century A.D. It was this text that the translators of the KJV based their work on the Old Testament.

In 1947, a shepherd boy discovered some pottery in caves in the area called Qumran, near the Dead Sea. In these jars, he discovered scrolls, which archaeologists and Bible scholars have researched ever since. Every book of the Old Testament (except Esther) was discovered. Most of these scrolls are dated to 150 B.C.

After comparing these Dead Sea Scrolls to the Masoretic Text, the scholars discovered an amazing degree of unanimity between the two, although they were written a thousand years apart. Further, the Septuagint (the Greek language translation of the Hebrew Bible) was also compared. With all of these references, there is plenty of evidence that no biblical doctrine has been tampered with.

Further, there is no larger ancient body of manuscript evidence in the history of mankind than the papyri and parchment manuscripts of the New Testament. With over five thousand actual Greek manuscripts, and numerous other manuscripts in four other languages, there are about twenty-four thousand available manuscript texts for the New Testament. With all of these examples available, there are only 40 lines of disputed text between them all. Pretty amazing for a 2000 year old document!

Even if we didn't have these documents, we could almost have a complete New Testament from extra-biblical sources, such as ancient lectionaries, church fathers' records/sermons/writings, etc.

Because of the sheer volume of these manuscripts, and the ability to compare them to each other, we know what is and is not the true Word of God. It is the unanimity of these texts that have stood the test of time. The Bible has been attacked by great minds, and some of these have actually been converted after examining the evidence. Nothing is missing, because of the nearness of these manuscripts to the original autographs.

Although Moses did tell Israel of their coming corruption, it was their conduct, and not the Word of God that became corrupted. They started to worship idols instead of Yahweh. That was the corruption Moses spoke of.

Source(s): The Panorama of the Old Testament, Thomas Rodgers, D. Min. The Case for Christ, Lee Strobel. The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict, Josh McDowell Understanding Your Faith - A Primer, John Roach Systematic Theology, Volume One, Norman Geisler http://www.allaboutthejourney.org/bible-manuscript...
  • G C
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Don't you know that if God wrote the Bible then it could never be distorted in even one single way. God is powerful enough to keep His word intact. He did not physically write it, but directed man to write His will. So we can see that He can also make sure that man does not change one single word.

The Bible has never been disproved. In fact, only less than 1% has ever even been questioned and that has been found to be correct. The Bible is the Book of God and you can put full faith in each and every word.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • AH
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

bluesoul - Where on earth did you get your information from. Islam did not start after the death of Muhammed, the quran was revealed to Muhammed and he showed us how to be good muslims. You seriously have no idea what you're talking about. Muhammed was the seal of prophets because he sent the word of Islam properly. We consider him as the perfect Muslim, how can that be if by your opinion islam started after. You have no idea what you're talking about haha.

Oh and actually, it's Christianity that began after the death of Jesus.

Looks like you've told the Christian story but replaced it with Islam.

Your knowledge is hilarious! :)

Source(s): Muslim who actually knows...I doubt you're even a muslim bluesole, no knowledgeable Muslim knows of your theory.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Both the OT and NT are superior historical documents with exceptionally few textual changes. For example, prior to the 1950's the oldest manuscript for the book of Isaiah was from about 900 CE, when the Dead Sea Scrolls (from about 200 BCE) were translated there was found to be less than 70 textual differences between the 200 BCE manuscript of Isaiah and the 900CE manuscript of Isaiah. That is unprecedented in any document of ancient history. 1100 years with virtually no changes in the text. BTW the changes that were found were mostly the interchange of noun for pronoun and other exceptionally minor changes.

The corruption charge is bogus and based on prejudice. Interestly, the Muslims do believe that Jesus was virgin born...

• 5 years ago

because if muslims quote from the quran, christians would not take it as it is not their book, so, use a book in which they believe in and if they still refuse to accept the evidence, then there is something wrong. They maintain their status in that religion for pride or convenience. it would be the same for me, if a christian would use the bible and points out to me that islam is not perfect, i would not accept it. He should use the quran and say islam is not perfect.

• 1 decade ago

People in America are so BRAINWASHED about ISLAM while the whole issue is based on oil and the stability of the US Dollar!

here are some facts children;

1- Paul who was formerly known as Sual and the one assigned to assassin Jesus decided after Jesus was out of the picture to introduce his own Gospels, the rest is up to you to accept.

2-Mohamed died only a few years after Islam won against the attacks from Arab tribes seeking to destroy there ONE G-D worlds which threatened teh money they made via paganism.

While i understand that Arabs did kill Mohamed's family in order to start a UMAH i heard., and it profited them nothing still since in the end they realized they rather become Muslims.

The bible is not only corrupted, it says it is.

WAKE UP KIDS.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Many things i wanted to reply on, but Im gonna reply on Cephas.

Quran was collected at the time of Othman the first companion of Prophet Mohamad "PBUH" and the leader of the Islamic country after the death of the prophet "PBUH". Prophet Mohamad died at 10 "after immigration", Othman was chosen to be the leader, othman died on 12 "After immigration". This means Quran was started to being collected and completely collected withtin two years after the prophet death.

There were hundreds of those who were memorizing Quran, they were gathered and the Quran was written. No tampering as some people claim.

Source(s): Muslim
  • 1 decade ago

Put the bible to the test. Read it, study it and see for yourself if it is God's word or not. It seems you are taking other peoples opinions as truth. I say the bible is the only source of truth. Prove me wrong.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.