what does “If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately.” mean?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Jay
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It means: We must band together for mutual protection.

• 1 decade ago

A qoute given during the early years of the American Revolution meaning that if they (the "founding fathers") did not unite and stand strong against the King, they would, one at a time be arrested, tried, and executed (hung) for treason against the King of England.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

It relies upon what you're asking. Are you asking no rely if the English observe "god" has a which potential; and if so what's it? Or are you asking no rely if "God (the author" has which potential in who he's and what He does? the 1st question bearing directly to the Eng observe "god"; properly to be honest, i do no longer comprehend what's the beginning of the observe. i think i will verify on line, yet that could be me purely regurgitating what somebody else has written. I surely have a tendency to think of of the Eng observe "god" to consult with "a or the author". while used of the biblical God, then i could consult with "God" as which potential "the uncreated author who's packed with capacity and could; a king who has the astounding and expertise to decide, yet isn't constrained to a actual variety" As for no rely if the God of the Bible has which potential... i could say that the question is the incorrect way around: the God of the Bible is the potential via which ALL else has which potential. No element could have which potential till the God of the Bible is surely who He says he's. I understand then that this potential that one has to settle for that the God of the Bible - a million - Exists 2 - could be experienced via mankind 3 - The Bible is a correct account of God talking with mankind (in its unique language) i think what ought to help answer the 2nd question is "Why ought to something have which potential?" Or greater constructive nonetheless "Why are human beings searching for which potential in issues?" in the time of ALL cultures in the time of all of recorded historic previous... desire this helps

• 1 decade ago

i agree with Mr.cowboy here

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.