Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

This is not really a McCain v Obama question. The question is, would/will you vote for Obama? Why or why not?

This question has little or nothing to do with McCain, Nader, Paul, or Barr. But if they come up in your answer that's fine. But just to be clear, this question is solely about Barack Obama.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

WILL NOT:

Madeline Talbott – One key pioneer of ACORN’S subprime-loan shakedown racket. An activist with extensive ties to Barack Obama. She was also in on the ground floor of the disastrous turn in Fannie Mae’s mortgage policies. When Obama was just a budding community organizer in Chicago, Talbott was so impressed that she asked him to train her personal staff. He returned to Chicago in the early ‘90s, just as Talbott was starting her pressure campaign on local banks. In those years, he also conducted leadership-training seminars for ACORN’S up and coming organizers. That is, Obama was training the army of ACORN organizers who participated in Madeline Talbott’s drive against Chicago’s banks.

More than that, Obama was funding them. As he rose to leadership role at Chicago’s Wood’s Fund, he became the most powerful voice on the foundation’s board for supporting ACORN and other community organizers. Obama as the leader of another charity, the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, he channeled more funding Talbott’s way – ostensibly for education projects but surely supportive of ACORN’S overall efforts.

In return, Talbott proudly announced her support of Obama’s first campaign for state Senate, saying, “We accept and respect him as a kindred spirit, a fellow organizer.”

The following information is condensed from an article by Stanley Kurtz. O's Dangerous Pals.

Remember Obama is the most liberal member of the United States Senate.

He received a 100 percent Liberal Rating from the National Journal, making him the most left-wing Senator in Washington - more liberal than even Democratic senators like Ted Kennedy.

If you look at Obama's record, you will understand just how dangerous this man is.

He even has terrorist friends he won't denounce. One such man is William Ayers, a leader in the radical terrorist group the Weatherman Underground. The group bombed several government buildings, including the Pentagon, killing civilians and police officers.

In 2001, Ayers said he had no regrets for his actions and wished he could have done more.

The ties between Obama and Ayers are tight. Both served on two non profit boards and they worked closely together. Ayers even hosted a political event at his home for Obama.

Obama has acknowledged he is a friend of Ayers and defends his association by saying he, Obama, was only 8 years old at the time of the Pentagon bombing.

However, Obama has no explanation as to why he is still a friend of Ayers.

Obama has even been endorsed by radicals such as Nation of Islam Leader Louis Farrakhan.

No one can deny hearing about Obama's relationship with the America-hating Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

Obama's former Pastor Jeremiah Wright is a disciple of liberal theologian James Cone, author of the 1970 book A Black Theology of Liberation. Cone once wrote: "Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him.”

There should be little doubt that William Ayers and Louis Farrakhan and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright are rooting for Obama - because he is one of them.

In keeping with such friends, Obama has promised to meet with radical leaders like Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad without "preconditions" even though Ahmadinejad has promised to "wipe Israel off the map" and ”destroy" America.

Even radical Hamas terrorists have praised him.

"We like Mr. Obama and we hope he will win the election," Ahmed Yousef, senior Hamas leader was quoted by ABC radio as saying.

He wants to almost double the capital gains tax. He wants to strip the FICA tax cap off every worker making more than $97,500. He wants to increase the dividend tax. He wants to let the Bush tax cuts expire - giving almost every American family an automatic tax increase.

He has called for more than $800 billion in new spending programs.

He is so radical he even backed driver's licenses for illegal aliens - even though such a move would help future terrorists move freely in the United States.

He is the most pro-abortion candidate in the history of the country. In 2001, as a state legislator in Illinois, he opposed a bill to protect live born children - children actually born alive! He was the only Illinois senator to speak out against the bill.

He opposes gun rights. He has long history of trying to deny ordinary citizens access to guns.

He originally backed Washington D.C.'s total ban on private handguns - a ban that was overturned. The NRA rated him an "F" on gun positions and says he is one of the most dangerous anti-gun politicians in the nation.

Never forget that Obama is a Harvard educated elitist. To him we Americans are simply "bitter" and he has mocked us saying "[they] cling to their guns and their religion."

We must expose Obama for the dangerous radical he is.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

NO, i will not, why would i vote for someone who cant even put his hand over his heart and say the pledge. Obama has a very racist religion. Its mainly about getting back at white people. Believe me the first time i heard this i was like no way. I would of never guessed but if you look more into his background its kinda scary. He is all talk and that's the only way hes getting the votes he has. He has been proven to lie many times. He came to uncw and made a Speech and someone asked him why he couldn't say the pledge and he said its just simply against what i be live in. Why in the world would you EVER vote for obama i think its clear who should be are next president. Mccain has much more experience. :)

• 4 years ago

Obama

• 1 decade ago

Obama has had NO LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE at all. What is he just going to step into the postion of president and start leading? The answer is no.The united states has a population of 305,350,889 and he hasn't even managed to lead a city.On top of that he plans on taxing major corporations in response they will just raise their prices. Many of those corporations are oil companies like Exxon,Chevron and Texaco who in return will just raise their prices.Before you vote for a president make sure he knows what he is doing,what Obama is doing may seem right to some people but it will ultimately stab you in the back in the long run.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i WILL vote for obama

i will vote 4 him because he has alot of good views on the outlook of the future. I hear alot of comotion because he supports abortion, i really dont see the big deal about that one little topic. many young girls may accidently get pregnat and that is there only choice, that is no reason to change your vote atomatically, also McCain has alot of supports beaucse many people xont want a black president.I dont understand why that should chage your vote either, the color does not matter, it depends on how that person will lead so yea

• 1 decade ago

Voting is one of the greatest powers any citizen can hold; in our own past certain people (women, ethnic minorities, etc.) have been denied this right because it was believed that these people weren’t intelligent or capable. Today we have this right, and this election will probably be the most important election we have ever taken part in. It is important that we take advantage of this right because the power is in our hands. – Alonso Brito.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgyF14OKNBc

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): www.myspace.com/AlonsoBritoMusic
  • 1 decade ago

No, he's received more money from Fannie May and Freddie Mac than any other member of congress. They are at the root of this financial congress.

• 1 decade ago

yes i will be voting for obama he stands for what i believe in change

• 1 decade ago

This is a Clear NO!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hell no!

you notice the only person that said yes was black LOL

too bad they're too dumb to knwo he's not even black he's MUSLIM

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.