Hubby hit me in his sleep last night?

I am married to an absolute angel who would never hurt a fly. I know he feels so bad about this - he was obviously having some sort of nightmare last night and (as far as i remember) his whole body jerked and his fist flew out and punched me on the cheek. It's still a bit sore, but there's barely a mark. I've... show more I am married to an absolute angel who would never hurt a fly.
I know he feels so bad about this - he was obviously having some sort of nightmare last night and (as far as i remember) his whole body jerked and his fist flew out and punched me on the cheek. It's still a bit sore, but there's barely a mark.

I've noticed he's been restless quite a bit in his sleep recently - you know where your whole body jerks?

Anyway, i wouldn't worry about this, only I'm nearly 5 months pregnant, and i was frozen awake last night in the fear that he'd hit my stomach, or that he would hit the baby if he/she were ever in our bed some night.

I tried sleeping on my side away from him after that, but couldn't get back to sleep, so rolled onto my back (i know i shouldn't be sleeping on my back after 15 weeks, but still), and put a pillow over my belly, just in case!

Any suggestions as to how i can make sure he doesn't do this again? Or how i can better protect myself and the baby?
Update: Thanks to all of you who responded. I appreciate that if it gets any worse, we may need seperate beds, but i'm not gonna do that just yet. I read somewhere else that eating bananas can help restless leg syndrome, so I've been encouraging him to eat loads of them, and I've ordered a pregnancy... show more Thanks to all of you who responded. I appreciate that if it gets any worse, we may need seperate beds, but i'm not gonna do that just yet.

I read somewhere else that eating bananas can help restless leg syndrome, so I've been encouraging him to eat loads of them, and I've ordered a pregnancy pillow.

Thanks again.
Update 2: Thanks to all of you who responded. I appreciate that if it gets any worse, we may need seperate beds, but i'm not gonna do that just yet. I read somewhere else that eating bananas can help restless leg syndrome, so I've been encouraging him to eat loads of them, and I've ordered a pregnancy... show more Thanks to all of you who responded. I appreciate that if it gets any worse, we may need seperate beds, but i'm not gonna do that just yet.

Thanks again.