McCain supporters: what about Palin and the AIP?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvPNXYrIyI

Youtube thumbnail

Respond directly, or I will assume that you are trolling. You claim that Obama endorses Obama because they worked on a board that received grants for underfunded schools. Using your logic, Palin now endorses seceding from the United States because the above video proves that she spoke at their convention approvingly.

endorses Ayers*

Favorite Answer

Sorry, I'm not a McCain supporter. I think they're all afraid of your question about the Alaska Independence Party.

I consider the AIP a band of traitors whose stated goal is to dissolve the Union of our 50 states, and Palin's husband was a card carrying member for 7 years. See http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/09/...

" This afternoon, the director of Division of Elections in Alaska, Gail Fenumiai, told TPMmuckraker that Todd Palin registered in October 1995 to the Alaska Independence Party, a radical group that advocates for Alaskan secession from the United States.

Besides a short period of a few months in 2000 when he changed his registration to undeclared, Todd Palin remained a registered member of AIP until July 2002 when he registered again as an undeclared voter. "

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FairfieldLife/messag...

The founder of the Alaska Independence Party -- a group that has been courted over the years by Sarah Palin, and one her husband was a member of for roughly seven years -- once professed his "hatred for the American government" and cursed the American flag as a "d@mn flag."

The AIP founder, Joe Vogler, made the comments in 1991, in an interview that's now housed at the Oral History Program in the Rasmuson Library at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks.

"The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government," Vogler said in the interview, in which he talked extensively about his desire for Alaskan secession, the key goal of the AIP.

"And I won't be buried under their d@mn flag," Vogler continued in the interview, which also touched on his disappointment with the American judicial system. "I'll be buried in Dawson. And when Alaska is an independent nation they can bring my bones home."

At another point, Volger advocated renouncing allegiance to the United States. In the course of denouncing Federal regulation over land, he said:

"And then you get mad. And you say, the hell with them. And you renounce allegiance, and you pledge your efforts, your effects, your honor, your life to Alaska."

• Bryan

Obama endorses Obama? You have a legitimate point, but this does not absolve Obama, it merely taints Palin. Since I do not support either campaign I would say I have an issue with both. I have not seen Palin's defense regarding AIP, but I have a problem with Obama and Ayres. Not because he knew or was involved with the man, but rather because he saw fit to misrepresent their association. I don't consider politicians who cannot be completely honest to be agents of change.

Her husband is a member of a radical extremist party that hates America.

Palin herself endorses this as she freely associates with these radical extremist, and supports their fundraising.