Are modern gadgets a blessing or curse of science?And why?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best Answer
modern gadgets like what? inflatables?
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (16)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Skippy answered 6 years ago
    Its a mixed blessing. When I see people with hands-free phones walking around talking to nobody, it irritates me.

Then again, when my car died in the middle of nowhere during a rainstorm, I was awfully glad to have my cell phone!
    • 4
    • Comment
  • Paul B answered 6 years ago
    My electric can opener's pretty cool... no more struggling with right-handed can openers. It's a blessing for hungry left handers!
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Carl W answered 6 years ago
    I don't really think the gadgets themselves are a "curse", but sometimes it is really sad how materialistic and fast paced western society has become
    • 3
    • Comment
  • jMan answered 6 years ago
    Cool, handy but ultimately pointless. Also expensive, and quickly outdated. Provides a living for many, fuelled by a materialstic and escapist population.

@ Mitch P- Science cannot save lives, merely postpone death.
    • 6
    • Comment
  • Mitch P answered 6 years ago
    That would depend on whether science has saved more lives than its destroyed.

I believe its saved more lives.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Septic answered 6 years ago
    They are a curse if they don't do what they are advertised to do! Bloody steam mop!

Science saves lives until death.

Source(s):

Atheist
    • 4
    • Comment
  • ja23 answered 6 years ago
    could be both, in terms of medical gadgets, then it is a big blessing, but in terms of factories and automotive gadgets, then its the boderline of both being a blessing and curse i guess
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Joe P answered 6 years ago
    yes.

blessing: more information can be found quickly

curse: more information can be found quickly

no, this is not a copy/paste error. There is access to a lot of truth through technology, but there is also access to a lot of falsehoods that are accepted as truth because it can be retrieved quickly with little to no background research verification. Just because you read something on the internet does not make it true.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • hecky b answered 6 years ago
    modern gadgets may be a blessing if it is used for the right purpose; like a gun if used to defend ones self and family from harm is a blessing; but if used to rob someone is a curse. a computer if used to communicate and help people is a blessing; if used to libel and spread lies and disinformation about people is a curse.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Chishiki o eru answered 6 years ago
    There is no such thing as a blessing or a curse like all these people have said modern technology has help and hinder humans. If humans did not continue going forward where would we be today probably still living in caves. So it is neither and both.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Sensitive answered 6 years ago
    Ya i really think it depends on the gadget...if it makes us lazier then i HAVE to say its a curse
    • 2
    • Comment
  • bananalovesobbs answered 6 years ago
    It can be used as both. Sooner than naught, they will be used to control us. Our money, our freedom and our privacy. Everything is being built for faster, more convenient and less hassle. Already, there is now a creation which people have decided to make a part of themselves. A device called a microchip. Much like what they place in a dog or cat to track them. These will have a barcode, turning humans into a living computer. They will track your bank accounts and work like credit cards and they will hold all of your personal information making it "easier" to enter and exit other countries, buy, sell and trade. They can only be placed in your forehead or your right hand because of the temperature in those places. This, in the Bible, is referred to as the mark of the beast. It is in effect now. People actually have them. You will have your choice to receive it or not. Be aware. If you are a child of God, or choose to be, do not receive this. If you look on a form at your local DMV when you are getting an ID or license you will see that the number upon that form is 666. It made me afraid to get my ID. Although, I realize I am not giving up my freedom as a human as long as I don't take it into my hand or forehead. I hope that this sheds light and answers your question. Let's fight the good fight of faith as Children of God.

Revelation 13

16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Source(s):

The Holy Bible
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • EddieJ answered 6 years ago
    I'd be so unhappy without my computer and TiVos and microwave.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • BullyKiller answered 6 years ago
    Blessing. Because you are able to ask me this question. :)
    • 1
    • Comment
  • nymphadel answered 6 years ago
    I would like to see you do without them
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Ray G answered 6 years ago
    Well, I'm sitting here watching a DVD on my laptop while I answer these idiotic questions on another computer and do my job by scanning cameras on this huge monitor in the office. While I see the value of the simple life, it would be very hard to go back now that I have tasted the tech.
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock