Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

急~英文片語造句!

contrary to

to have....effect on

to be in orderttract attention from

to make sure

so that

to attract attention from

just as

to agree on

to have trouble v-ing

to fill up

請要用原創的喔!!不要太難的!掰託喔~~要原創不要用抄的!!

很急喔~~~謝謝大家!!

2 Answers

Rating
  • JACK
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

【1】contrary to:

What you told me is totally contrary to the truth, so I don’t want to believe you.(你跟我說的話,完全地跟事實違背,所以我並不想相信你。)

【2】to have...effect on:

What Uncle Sam told him, I think, will have a great effect on his behavior.(我認為,山姆叔叔跟他說的話,會對他的行為舉止,有極大的影響。)

【3】to be in orderttract attention from:(應為「to be in order tract attention from」之誤吧?)

To be in order tract attention from the probies, we’d better tell them all the rules they should follow.(為了要那些菜鳥有適當的注意力,我們最好把所有的規矩,通通告訴他們。)

【4】to make sure:

Tom made the phone call just to make sure if Lily would help him with his biology assignment.(湯姆打了電話,只不過是要確定莉莉是否會幫他的生物作業。)

【5】so that:

Tonight I have to go to bed earlier so that I can get up before six-thirty tomorrow.(今晚我必須早點兒就寢,這樣一來我明天才能在六點半前起床。)

【6】to attract attention from:

See, now the puppy keeps running high and low just to attract attention from her owner.(看吧,那隻小狗現在四處跑來跑去,不過就是要吸引牠主人的注意力罷了。)

【7】just as:(這個基本上,不算是片語;「as」可解釋為「當...的時候」或「像...一樣」;而「just」只是副詞,可翻譯成「就...」或「只是...」。)

(1)Just as Dad was reading newspapers, the phone rang.(就在爸爸在看報時,電話響了。)

(2)Just as my cousin, Peter also likes playing online games.(就像我表弟一樣,彼得也喜歡玩線上遊戲。)

【8】to agree on:

All of us have finally agreed on the lowest price after a long argument.(在冗長的爭辯之後,我們全體終於對最低價,達成了協議。)

【9】to have trouble+V-ing:

We had much trouble telling Grandma the fact owing to the sudden death of Grandpa.(由於爺爺的猝死,因此我們很難告訴奶奶實情。)

【10】to fill up:

Little Kevin’s mouth filled up with food, so he looked pretty funny.(因為小凱文的嘴巴塞滿了食物,所以看來挺滑稽的。)

※ 敬請參考,謝謝!

Source(s): JACK
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

orderttract

是錯字毆

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.