Should Christian churches take a stand against apostate teachings like evolution?

I'm sorry if I see things too simplistically, but either you believe the bible is true, or it's just a myth. I know parts of the Bible are parables, and have symbolism, but the Genesis story as far as I can tell seems to be a literal account. In fact it is written just like a factual document would be written. In... show more I'm sorry if I see things too simplistically, but either you believe the bible is true, or it's just a myth. I know parts of the Bible are parables, and have symbolism, but the Genesis story as far as I can tell seems to be a literal account. In fact it is written just like a factual document would be written. In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth, then it details how it was created. Then it summarizes. But the churches are afraid to come against evolution because 90 percent of Christians accept it. What they don't seem to understand is that it's contrary to what the Bible teaches, and that it is being taught as fact, not an un-proven theory which it is. So shouldn't I go to a Bible believing church that defends the faith? Where am I going wrong here?