Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Miserabile Visu (Ex Malo Bonum)..rock. Band.. Anberlin?

by anberlin.. I know vaguely what the song means and that there's obviously Christianic symbolysm like it's from revelations... But like can someone point out all of them.. I know the ""don't take the mark, but you'll be killed" that ones obvious but like who or what is the red priest???

Also the title is in a different language.. Idk maybe Spanish or something..... What does it say?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

You can see my comments on the lyrics in parenthesis:

Miserabile Visu, Ex Malo Bonum

(Evil from a wretched sight, Good out of Evil) (Latin)

A red priest broke into our classroom

(Priest is a prophet)

Caught us children by attention

"Listen closely to the words I speak

Lord knows if we'll ever, ever again meet"

(No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. - Matt. 24:36)

Spoke such words never spoken before

On the way he declared there war

(You will hear of wars and rumors of wars -Matt. 24:6)

Miracles like you've never seen

From a man who was raised up in the sea

(For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles - Matt. 24:24

And I saw a beast [Antichrist]coming out of the sea. -Revelation 13:1)

A man is coming in thirteen-one

(And I saw a beast [Antichrist]coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns -Revelation 13:1)

To charm the daughters and the sons

(For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ'- Matt. 24:5)

Scared for our lives, I turned to your hand

Hold this tight while we run, if we still can

Before the red priest took his last breath

(When Jesus had finished saying all these things, he said to his disciples, "As you know, the Passover is two days away and the Son of Man will be handed over to be crucified." - Matt. 26:1)

He told me, "Child, now don't forget

The sun will turn dark very soon

Your days are numbered when there's blood on the moon

(The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red- Revelation 6:12)

"The earth will shake and the sky will fall

(the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'- Matt. 24:29)

The eyes will open of those involved

(At that very hour there was a severe earthquake... the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven - Revelation 11:13)

Don't take this sign, but you'll be killed

By the man from seven hills"

(He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.-Revelation 16-17) (The seven hills are the beast's seven heads)

Look children to the eastern sky

(For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. -Matt: 24:27)

When you hear the voice say your last goodbyes

(where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever. - Revelation 20:10)

When the ghosts take hold of the men who died

(Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.- Revelation 20:14-15)

When your fathers weep and your mothers cry

Source(s): www.biblegateway.com
  • 3 years ago

Anberlin Miserabile Visu

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Miserabile Visu (Ex Malo Bonum)..rock. Band.. Anberlin?

by anberlin.. I know vaguely what the song means and that there's obviously Christianic symbolysm like it's from revelations... But like can someone point out all of them.. I know the ""don't take the mark, but you'll be killed" that ones obvious but like who or what is the red priest???

Also...

Source(s): miserabile visu malo bonum rock band anberlin: https://shortly.im/evMtd
  • 4 years ago

Gene Clark (The Byrds) Diana Ross (The Supremes) Brett Michaels (Poison) I really like Peter Gabriel but wanted to pick some different ones.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • i have no idea what the title means either (think it might be latin), but...

the red priest is just a priest who warns school children of revelations, he says....

-"a man is coming in thirteen one"....maybe talking about the anti-Christ?

-"the sun will turn dark very soon/your days are numbered when theres blood on the moon"....in revelations it says that the sun will be darkened and that the moon will turn "blood" red in color

-"the earth will shake and the sky will fall"....it also says that there will be extremly powerful earthquakes, cant remember anything about the sky though

-"by the man from 7 hills"....idk what this means

theres probably more that i missed, but ya all those things are talked about in the Bible and found in revelations...

Source(s): been a fan of anberlin for years and being stuck in a Christian school
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.