DO ANY BELIEVE KEN BLACKWELL'S ACORN ATTACKS AGAINST OBAMA?
HERE IS THE REAL STORY; Barack Obama Never Organized with ACORN
Discredited Republican voter-suppression guru Ken Blackwell is attacking Barack Obama with naked lies about his supposed connection to ACORN.
• Fact: Barack was never an ACORN community organizer.
• Fact: Barack was never an ACORN trainer and never worked for ACORN in any other capacity.
• Fact: ACORN was not part of Project Vote, the successful voter registration drive Barack ran in 1992.
In his capacity as an attorney, Barack represented ACORN in a successful lawsuit alongside the U.S. Department of Justice against the state of Illinois to force state compliance with a federal voting access law. For his work helping enforce the law, called “Motor Voter,” Barack received the IVI-IPO Legal Eagle Award in 1995. (For more about Barack’s career, check out our Obama bio.)
Ken Blackwell is best known today for disenfranchising Democratic voters in his dual role as Ohio Secretary of State and chair of George Bush’s Ohio campaign in 2004. To see him shed crocodile tears for the integrity of the vote while making accusations about Barack and ACORN with absolutely no basis in fact is disturbing.
Blackwell’s attacks against ACORN and community organizers continue a vile Republican pattern of mockery and viciousness against this noble profession. Community organizers are the very individuals Republicans should be celebrating for helping people to help themselves rather than depending on the government.
MY QUESTION: DO YOU BELIEVE BLACKWELL OR OBAMA AND PLEASE STATE YOUR FACTS
- 1 decade agoBest Answer
He has been very active in SUPPORTING ACORN - with Bill Ayers - ... with hundreds of thousands of dollars in support while a Chicago Senator and US Senator. DOCUMENTABLE.
Are the legit? As of today, 8 October 2008
* Yesterday, Nevada officials raided ACORN's Las Vegas office after election authorities accused the group of submitting multiple voter registrations with fake and duplicate names. Among the bogus monikers: names of former Dallas Cowboys players.
* Lake County, Ind., election officials this month rejected thousands of registration forms ACORN had turned in from its drives this summer. On a conference call yesterday, GOP officials noted that up to 11,000 of the applications were no good - tying up election officials and jeopardizing the voting rights of untold victims whose identities may have been stolen.
In what seems to be ACORN's standard operating procedure, vote canvassers had pulled names and addresses from phone books and forged signatures. According to a local paper (the Northwest Indiana and Illionois Times), "Large numbers of voter registration forms bore signatures all in the same apparent handwriting style" and "apparently the organization's canvassers broke rules to meet ACORN-set voter registration quotas to get paid." The fake registrants include dead people and underage kids.
* Milwaukee, Wisc., officials last month discovered at least seven felons employed as voter-registration workers for ACORN and another affiliated group. (State law bans felons from such work.) They also uncovered a raft of problematic voter-registration cards. The state GOP accuses the group of trying to get dead, imprisoned or imaginary people on the voter rolls. Fraud has plagued ACORN's Milwaukee chapter since the last election cycle.
* In Florida, in Orange County alone, ACORN workers turned in multiple, copycat forms for six separate voters over the summer. The Miami Herald reports: "One individual had 21 duplicate applications."
Election officials had flagged ACORN's negligent practices months ago. But it may be too late: In Orange, Broward and Miami-Dade counties, ACORN has signed up 135,000 new voters, nearly 60 percent of them registered as Democrats - a fifth of all new voters in that region.
* In Ohio, large numbers of homeless people got free van and bus rides to register. Shelby Holliday, a reporter for Palestra.net, filmed ACORN shuttling in some prospects. She told me she spoke with one homeless woman who said ACORN "told her who to vote for if she wanted a 'better life,' and told her not to worry about jury duty (one of the reasons this homeless woman didn't want to register) because the government probably wouldn't be able to track her down. She was registering with a temporary address."
What is the BIG Deal about Obama and ACORN?
A truly thorough research into his background will bring up questions.
Experience. None. Chicago Politics. George W Bush had 2 terms as Texas Governor... Not a supporter of him, but he had more experience than Obama and you see the mistakes he caused. What will a professional politician with no experience do? He will trust his advisors... Like Bush trusted Cheney... and you see how well that worked.
Why would he attend a church for 20 years where volitile points of view are accepted and studied rigorously? Does that mean he is racist? What would the media do if John McCain attended an all-white church with volitile European centric minded points of view?
Friends, everyone has at least one friend. If only your pet dog, Rover. But in Chicago, your political friends and associates can make or break you... So, what is with William Ayers, Tony Rezko, Bernadette Dohrn, Nadhami Auchi, and many others? Now, look at your friends. Your friends are somewhat of a reflection of who you are. Doves generally associate with doves, lambs generally keep with lambs, and yes liberals generally associate with other liberals...
Family, even more an indication of influences... 1) Father - Muslim... 2) Brother (Abongo 'Roy' Obama )- Muslim running for office and attempting to institute Sharia law... Obama supports him in his endeavours... 3) "Cousin" (Odinga) - self-proclaimed Kenyan Christian, made campaign promise to institute Sharia law in muslim territories, received campaign financing from Khadafi, Obama campaigned on his behalf to such an extent that Kenya made a formal complaint to State Dept., attempted a coup after he lost the election, Marxist educated in Soviet Union, rabidly anti-Israel
His voting record. Speaks for itself, it's also online. One key vote was the "Born Alive" bill, now a federal law. He has distorted how the bill was presented to him and why he voted twice against it.. it mirrors the federal law protecting abortion rights. If he were a Christian, would they vote against this bill. NARAL was not even giving this bill any grief.
Socialist? Probably. He wants to redistribute wealth. Simple enough.Source(s): CNN, Washington Post, Google, The Case Agains Barack Obama
- 4 years ago
Perhaps it is because Obama attacks those that tell the truth? And uses racism as a defense. There is real voter fraud going on with ACORN, had it been one or two instances, then maybe it's just the employees and ACORN itself is not involved, but this is now occurred in 12 states. This is bigger then a few volunteers.
- BobbiLv 71 decade ago
Blackwell. As an Ohioan, I have seen first hand the voter fraud in this state. He was instrumental in getting some election workers jail time for their scamming.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
It's true that he is or was very involved with them, more than people think. Obama has the liberal Dems so bamboozled, it's not funny. I still can't believe they will vote for someone that won't salute the flag and has a "priority" to send $845-billion to Africa!!!! I won't send 2-cents if I can help it!!!--will cost each taxpayer OVER $2,500.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- JohnLv 61 decade ago
Questions tend to have question marks after them, honey.